SoftwareSerial(7, 8) doesn't work

I used to use SoftwareSerial(8, 7) //8: RX, 7: TX It worked perfectly.

recently, I made a PCB, I accidently changed the connection order of TX and RX. So I changed the code to SoftwareSerial(7, 8) but It's not working. Can somebody tell me why? I don't want to spend extra money making new PCBs.

Thanks a lot!

Could you show the pcb schematic ? also which microcontroller are you using?

I am using Micro.

I have tested the PCB board with multimeter. No problem there. To make sure the problem is not on the PCB. I also unplugged the GPS only from the PCB and connect it with wire so that I could exchange the order of TX and RX and change back to SoftwareSerial(8, 7). And I even tested my old board(which I set up all the wires).

So the problem can only be that SoftwareSerial(7, 8) does not work.

Did any one meet such problems?

On the Micro (ATmega32u4) pin 7 does not support pin change interrupts. It will not work as an Rx pin with software serial which uses pin change interrupts for the Rx pin. These pins can be used for Rx: 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15 & 16.

tf68: On the Micro (ATmega32u4) pin 7 does not support pin change interrupts. It will not work as an Rx pin with software serial which uses pin change interrupts for the Rx pin. These pins can be used for Rx: 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15 & 16.

Thanks a lot for your anawer!!!