SoftwareSerial and PinChangeInt on the same Port ?

I know the solution (http://code.google.com/p/arduino-pinchangeint/issues/detail?id=7) to work with SoftwareSerial and PinChangeInt and Arduino 1.0 at the same time, but only if you use different ports. With the old environment (Arduino 22, PinChangeInt 1.4, "older SoftwareSerial") it was also possible to take Arduino Digital Pin 9 for an Interrupt using PinChangeInt and at the same time using Arduino Digital Pin 13 for a SerialLCD (which uses the SoftwareSerial library).

I don't get my old application running on the new Arduino 1.0 environment (with the same pin usage).

What do I miss?

The old (obsolete) SoftwareSerial did not use interrupts, or function all that well. The new one does (both).

I don't get my old application running on the new Arduino 1.0 environment (with the same pin usage).

What do I miss?

A description of the problem and the code. "It doesn't work" doesn't tell us squat. All we know is that the code does something, and you want it to do something, and that those two somethings are not the same thing. But, we don't know what either of the somethings are.

..thanks PaulS that was the important hint. I forget that the old SoftwareSerial don't use interrupts. So there remain "solutions" I use the old library or I have to rethink about my hardware/pin usage.