SoftwareSerial receive data only through pin 11?

Hello:

I am using an RS232-TTL and is working perfectly using the SoftwareSerialExample in the Arduino SoftwareSerial Examples, I am trying to change the pins TX and RX, but the RX pin only works with pin 11. Can I change this pin to other pin?
thanks

Can I change this pin to other pin?

You have our permission to.

If changing pins doesn't work, for some unspecified definition of "work", you WILL need to tell us which Arduino you are using and provide proof - in the form of pictures CLEARLY showing the connections and the code (regardless of whether it is an example or not).

I am using Arduino Mega 2560.

I send and receive data with DFR0077 Dfrobot RS232-TTL from Arduino and Dfrobot without problems, but when I change the PIN 11 to for example, PIN 4, the Arduino does not receive data.

I am using Arduino Mega 2560.

With 4 hardware serial ports. So, why are using SoftwareSerial at all?

but when I change the PIN 11 to for example, PIN 4, the Arduino does not receive data.

Have you looked at the documentation for SoftwareSerial? It CLEARLY states that it ONLY works on pins that support pin change interrupts AND provides a list of pins that it works with. Pin 4 is NOT on the list.

I am using at this moment Arduino Mega but I want to use Ardui Pro Micro compatible. Is it possible with this library to use RS232-TTL?

Where is the documentation of SoftwareSerial?

thanks

Is it possible with this library to use RS232-TTL?

With which library?

Where is the documentation of SoftwareSerial?

I'm amazed at the number of people that can find the forum but can't find the reference documentation on the same server.

Documentation for software serial is here;

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Where+is+the+documentation+of+SoftwareSerial

amjlopez:
I am using at this moment Arduino Mega but I want to use Ardui Pro Micro compatible

The Pro Micro has one spare HardwareSerial port so it should not need SoftwareSerial either.

...R