SoftwareSerial with SAMD21 after attachInterruptWakeup

Hi. There is some problem with SoftwareSerial on SAMD21 chip (Seeeduino XIAO board). After using attachInterruptWakeup (ArduinoLowPower library) SoftwareSerial do not receive data correctly (transmit works). I think it is related to reconfiguration of CGLK. Here is configuration that library performs:

static void configGCLK6()

{

// enable EIC clock

GCLK->CLKCTRL.bit.CLKEN = 0; //disable GCLK module

while (GCLK->STATUS.bit.SYNCBUSY);

GCLK->CLKCTRL.reg = (uint16_t) (GCLK_CLKCTRL_CLKEN | GCLK_CLKCTRL_GEN_GCLK6 | GCLK_CLKCTRL_ID( GCM_EIC )) ;  //EIC clock switched on GCLK6

while (GCLK->STATUS.bit.SYNCBUSY);

GCLK->GENCTRL.reg = (GCLK_GENCTRL_GENEN | GCLK_GENCTRL_SRC_OSCULP32K | GCLK_GENCTRL_ID(6));  //source for GCLK6 is OSCULP32K

while (GCLK->STATUS.reg & GCLK_STATUS_SYNCBUSY);

GCLK->GENCTRL.bit.RUNSTDBY = 1;  //GCLK6 run standby

while (GCLK->STATUS.reg & GCLK_STATUS_SYNCBUSY);

/* Errata: Make sure that the Flash does not power all the way down

* when in sleep mode. */

NVMCTRL->CTRLB.bit.SLEEPPRM = NVMCTRL_CTRLB_SLEEPPRM_DISABLED_Val;

}

Can anyone help with figuring out reason of such behaviour and solution of this problem?

I know that the simplest way is to use hardware UART but I want to know at least how to reconfigure GCLK (if it is the reason) by default to solve the problem with SoftwareSerial.
Thanks.

Softwareserial uses interrupts and you probably have a conflict. You can get I2C UARTS at low cost and eliminate the interrupt problems. You can also switch to another arduino such as the MEGA that has 4 serial ports.

Thanks for the answer. I'll take into account that it works on an interrupt basis.
As for another arduino module - problem with SoftwareSerial is not crucial. I have already created additional hardware UART instead I2C (using sercom2 on xiao). I'm just wondering if there is any way to fix this or configure GCLK by default. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this.