Soil Moisture Sensor

I have a question if it is okay to use the soil moisture sensor to measure the moisture content of fish?

I think we'll need more information. You mean to stick a sensor into fish flesh? A dead fish, or alive?

a fish ready to dry sir..

you can stick the soil sensor in the fish, just do it. However the fish will be influenced by the measurement. The measurements put a voltage on the pins and measures the resistance. The effect is that there will be (a bit of) electrolysis of the fish which might affect the taste etc of the fish.

be aware of that.

Furthermore you need to make a calibration table of what reading means how dry. And there might be difference between fish species in how they dry..

PS you could answer in this thread by pressing reply, no need to start a new thread for every answer.

ok sir, thank you for your information. God bless. :)

Please let us know if it works as your project is an unique application of the Arduino. (never seen dry fish and Arduino together)

If you need to dry fish then of course only one need to be measured, it may act as a reference for the "batch"

An alternative method would be to test the dryness by measuring the weight. You could watch the weight drop and wait for it to level out.

Sticking a soil sensor in a fish you are going to eat is a very bad idea. The plating and copper will electrolyze into the fish, tainting it.

I think weighing it is a great idea. You’ll need to do some work to find out how much percentage of initial weight must be lost.

Even the gold plated soil sensors are rated to last only a year.

sir, i did an experiment yesterday. The initial weight of my samples is 400g. The final weight should be 100g and the moisture content should be 75% less. .i have observed that when the fish weighed 120g, the moisture level produced by the soil sensor rises. Like this sir: 400g - 94% 350 - 92% 280 - 86% 200 - 166% 160 - 165% 120 - 166%

i dont know what's the reason. .

Water is only conductive because of impurities. Distilled, pure water is actually quite a good insulator.

So perhaps the greater concentration of "impurities", meaning the fish, cause the conductivity to go up.