Solar -- battery -- charge regulator

Hi,

I want to use a solar cell/panel to load a battery which powers an arduino and it sensors and so on.
I am a beginner and I have a few questions about this.

After searching the web I found this:

But this does not have any over or dicharge protection, does it?

Then I have found this:

and the hand drawing sketch:

The text just says that it has a voltage protection and therefore it has no charge protection right?

And the I finally found this site:

So if I assemble this with for example a regulator like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-2A-Solar-Panel-Charge-Battery-Controller-Regulator-High-Quality-/190817626458?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6d9de95a

Would I be "safe" then, right know I do not know how much voltage and so on I need, as I have not buy everything I want to attach.
Or is there a easy diy charge protection? If you know any please tell me. :slight_smile:

I am looking forward to hear from you.

King regards
Greenality

And the I have found this:

would this be good as well to protect my batteries from over charge and so on?

King regards
Greenality

My solution for 5 volt, low power Arduino systems is to use a single LiPo battery, and the versatile solar charge controller from Adafruit USB / DC / Solar Lithium Ion/Polymer charger [v2] : ID 390 : $17.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits These boards are a bit more expensive than they should be, but they work great with the very inexpensive 1 or 3 W 6 V solar panels from SeeedStudio.

I use the very efficient Pololu boost regulator to generate 5V Pololu 5V Step-Up Voltage Regulator U1V11F5
(they make 3.3 V step up/step down regulators that work great for 3.3 V systems too). Finally, you still need an over discharge protector as discharging the Li cell below about 2.5 V will destroy it. Get them cheaply here: Tenergy Battery Pack PCB