Solder diameter

is it okay if i will use 1,5mm diameter solder for this board? http://www.lemona.lt/index.php?page=item&lan=en

I see no board.

And the width of your solder makes no different to the board - only your soldering skills.

Can't see the board either, but 1,5mm soldering wire is quite thick. For generic soldering (through hole components etc) 0,7mm - 1,0mm could be better choice. Thinner solder melts faster and it's easier to apply right amounts of solder.

I use 0.7mm or 0.5mm solder, the thinner it is the easier it is to control how much solder you apply. The trick is not to apply too much solder, it is tempting to apply more than you need.

Okay, thanks.

I'm working my way thru a 1 pound roll of 0.023" solder. Makes it easy to avoid getting too much solder on for all but the smallest of parts (like 0.5mm and 0.65mm pitch ICs, those are still a challenge - mostly because I can't see that well anymore!).

IT IS ALL A GREAT CONSPIRACY... The Older I get the smaller the parts get. I remember when in a well configured TV Repair Shop... 1 200 W iron (For chassis work) and 125W Weller Soldering Guns were considered to be "State of the Art"... Now my Hakko 926 iron is considered OLD and for many tasks really inappropriate... regardless of the installed soldering tip size. IMO

Doc

I used to be against old age, until I considered the alternatives. .......... Woddy Alan

Where did I put the solder? And my pliers? And the wire cutters? Grrr...

TV Repair Shop.

I remember those places... Before the days of disposable TVs...

They're like nappies now... (in more ways than one). They stop working right, just throw them away. (oh, and they're full of @*#! too :P )

I don't mind the disposable electronics, as they say one mans trash is another mans treasure their always fun to steal omponents off of

I remember those places... Before the days of disposable TVs...

Disposable!! Give it to me to delsolder.... dont throw it away.... ]:D