Soldering question

Good Morning,
I recently buy a arduino nano 3.0 a micro sd reader and a arduino accelerometer gyroscope, I'm new in eletronic an soldering, how I need to put this two pieces and a speaker into the arduino nano?
I have put the images in attachment.
If someone could help me I'll be thankful.

Hi,
How are you planning to package this together? Mechanically..

What is the power source and where will that go?

Often Nanos have pins attached so they can plug into a breadboard. You could do that, and put pins in the accelerometer, so you could connect and test things.

After you figure out your mechanical package, figure out the connections.

You could Use a solder type protoboard like THIS: and put your parts with pins into it and then solder small wires as the connections on the back side.

You could solder small wires between the modules you have and somehow mechanically package that..

Hmmm....?

how I need to put this two pieces and a speaker into the arduino nano?

You shouldn't solder them directly into your Arduino Nano itself because the pinout for those modules are not matching in line with the Arduino Nano.

(just take a look at your accelorometer for example - it has VCC and GND next to each other. Now look at your Arduino and see whether you can find these pins next to each other)

I'm new in eletronic

Watch this video if you need instructions on soldering- How To - Solder Pin Headers to an Arduino Pro Mini - YouTube

What you need to do is to solder male headers into your Arduino Nano and Accelorometer. Then you can connect these modules into your Arduino using Jumper wires and a breadboard. You can place your Arduino into the center of the breadboard like you see in this picture. :slight_smile:

terryking228:
I'll put this into a cylinder, my project is similar to the effects of a lightsaber, will make the sound when turns on and off,sound of swing and when hits something

Noobian:
I'll thinking in use wires to make the conection, I've see the difference in between then

I have several projects using a NANO and all use wires to connect to other devices. I use the smallest, insulated, stranded wires I have. AWG (American Wire Gage) #30 or 36. Not sure what they would be in your country, but very tiny. Stranded means they are flexible because my projects sometimes have to be taken out of the enclosure.

By speaker, are you meaning a piezo. If so, be sure you do not have the type that only beeps when voltage is applied. You need the type that requires a square wave to produce a tone. Seems like you want to vary the tone. Test this, as the sound may not be as loud as you want.

Finally, if the cylinder is metal, you need to be sure the electronic parts are insulated from the metal.

Good luck,

Paul

rafa0712:
Noobian:
I'll thinking in use wires to make the conection, I've see the difference in between then

Since you are new to electronics and soldering, I recommend having a close look at what Noobian suggested regarding a breadboard. You may need to familiarize yourself with the concept of prototyping, which means making your circuit in a non-permanent way (such as using a solderless breadboard), so you can experiment and get the circuit and programming right. Then later, after you've proven it will work, use permanently soldered wires to make the final circuit fit into the container.
Some modules may work with 3.3V logic levels and other modules 5V logic levels. You may find that you need to add some logic level converters. You need to research and find out what else you will need, and how to power the project.