[Solv]Send data thru Ethernet cable between two Arduino Uno with Ethernet Shield

Hi all!

New to the forum and to Arduino Uno.

I am pretty new to Arduino but I have had so much fun with it :)

Anyhow, now I want to find out how to send data from one Arduino Uno with a Ethernet Shield to another one. Both have the same shield.

I want to make my own Ethernet cable tester that sends some data thru the cable. When the other Arduino recives the data, I want it to bounce that data back to the first one. Basically I want to be able to check if I have the correct cable.

I did some searching on google and fount this: https://variecose.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/ethernet-lan-rj45-cable-tester-with-arduino/

That would be handy to be able to test individual wire in the cable, but I am not that skilled with solder so I do not want to tackle that one yet.

I hope you guys can understand what I want to do, English is not my native language.

Hope you all have a good day Acuena

Connect the Ethernet shields to your router. I don't think you can just connect the shields together directly. The Ethernet library ChatServer example could be easily modified to do what you want.

The chipset seems to support auto mdix; Even it not, a crossed cable may be used. A direct connection between two arduinos is worth a try.

Hopefully it's possible to make a direct connection between the two Arduinos but I am having problem finding a example on how to do it.

It is possible to make a direct connection :D Just had to take a peek at an example and the documentation for the Ethernet Shield.

If anyone wants to, I can post the code for both the Arduinos.

Happy coding :)

If anyone wants to, I can post the code for both the Arduinos.

That would be interesting for some possible bot projects.

the best solution for testing a cable in general with Arduino and without using the soldering iron and to buy two of these …

in a side create a an R-2R Ladder

on the other side you have to connect Arduino (8 digital outputs) on the wires send 0/1 (0 - 5V) and then read the output value of the conversion D/A