[SOLVED] Arduino 1.0.6 on OpenSuse 13.2

Hi, I have been trying to use my arduino on opensuse 13.2. I did have this working but when I re installed Opensuse and the Arduino IDE the only way I can change serial ports is when I am running as root. Because I can't change serial port I cant upload anything to the board unless I am running as root. I have to download the file instead of using Yast 1 click install because the 1 click install is designed for 13.1 and will not work. I already have cleared up permissions for the Lock file.

Newer versions of Linux require users to be added to specific groups for devices.

On Fedora, I have to be added to the dialout group. When the arduino is plugged in, the /dev/ttyACM0 is owned by root but the group is dialout. I just noticed on my machine that dialout is world readwritable.

Check your permissions.

crw-rw-rw-. 1 root dialout 166, 0 Jan 31 16:26 /dev/ttyACM0

I cannot even open the Arduino IDE without being in the dialup group.

Permissions are part of the security domain for Linux/Unix.

On Fedora, I have to be added to the dialout group. When the arduino is plugged in, the /dev/ttyACM0 is owned by root but the group is dialout. I just noticed on my machine that dialout is world readwritable.

Check your permissions.

I tried adding myself under the dialout group but it didnt work after restarting my machine. So I added my self to all the groups. This probably isn't the "correct fix" and is probably "a security hazard," but I'm the only one who uses my laptop, and I am not worried. Thank you so much. :D