[SOLVED] Arduino 1.8.0 Font issue

Hello,

I downloaded the Arduino 1.8.0 IDE but there is a font issue. I did read the top post about and learned that other were experiencing similar issues. One of the solutions was to go to Github to get the fix by visiting the following link: Fix font anti-alias on windows by cmaglie · Pull Request #5756 · arduino/Arduino · GitHub, I tried doing that but there was error saying "404 Not Found." I also tried downloading the Arduino Nightly zip (I got it form here https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software - it is on the left side and says hourly build) file but it just downloaded with a bunch of stuff in it and nothing happened. I am not sure what I should do.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

After you unzip the hourly build download you just need to run the file arduino.exe that’s in the unzipped folder. The hourly build doesn’t have an installer.

Thank you for your help. I did run the zip file now the font issue is solved.

Now, I got it to work there is still an Arduino 1.8.0 on the desktop can I delete it? or do I need to keep that?

Thanks

You can remove your installation of Arduino 1.8.0. The hourly build you downloaded is complete and self contained.

Thank you very much! I did delete the other version and Arduino 1.8.1 works perfectly fine.