[solved] Arduino Mega 2560 beep after programming

Hi,

I'm working with an Arduino MEGA 2560 board programmed by Xloader software and I would like to have some informations or suggestions about the following problems:

• First, I've found out that some boards produce a beep after programming them and some others don't; do you know why?
  • Second, sometimes the boards that produce a beep, after a short time, started beeping continuosly until the serial port is connected. Do you know why? Is it a problem about a software failure?

Thanks

About what board are we talking? The normal Arduino Mega (2560) has no speaker or buzzer...

Hi,

I'm sorry but I'm new about Arduino and I realized that the beep is produced by another board connected to Arduino MEGA 2560 because during the programming the serial port feeds the buzzer in some way. Sorry for the wrong post.

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

matteoconti: Hi,

I'm sorry but I'm new about Arduino and I realized that the beep is produced by another board connected to Arduino MEGA 2560 because during the programming the serial port feeds the buzzer in some way. Sorry for the wrong post.

What pin do you have the buzzer connected to? Tom... :)

Hi,

the buzzer is connected to the pin 4 (PWM4) of Arduino MEGA 2560 board. If the pin is high it is closed a contact by a transistor and the buzzer beeps. So I think that it depends on the casual state of the pin after programming until the serial is connected because at the startup of the program the pin is inizialized low and it doesn’t beep correctly.