(solved) arduino nano every bootloader problems

i was uploading a sketch to my nano every when i accidentaly selected uno long story short it has no bootloader there is no way i know to get the bootloader working but if anyone knows please help i need this board!
or should i contact arduino support? please help thanks in advance!!!

there is no bootloader on nano Every. the USB chip is a programmer

what is the problem? select Nano Every and upload

when i uploaded it says flash and boot not found i will try again

drez:
when i uploaded it says flash and boot not found i will try again

this message is always there and it is not a problem. it is related to USB chip’s firmware implementation

wow thanks very much i was worried but you solved it thanks

edit: is this due to the samd chip on the board? i know you need a chip to program the atmega328p but i tought it was the same bootloader proccess on the nano every thanks

on clasic Uno/Nano/Mega... the USB chip is only a converter from USB to TTL Serial. the bootloader receives and writes the new sketch over Serial. on boards with MCU with native USB like Leonardo/Micro the bootloader receives the new sketch directly without the USB converter.

on Nano Every and Uno WiFi Rev2 the USB chip is a programmer writing new sketch over the chips programming pin.

wait does that mean the nano every can be used as a pro micro as in hid device?
:o that would be awesome!

drez:
wait does that mean the nano every can be used as a pro micro as in hid device?
:o that would be awesome!

it doesn't have native USB. the SAMD11 is a programmer and USB to TTL Serial convert in one

ok thanks ! too bad guess i will have to use my nano iot thanks

Theoretically, you could program the SAMD11 with custom firmware to do whatever HID tasks are needed, similar to the "UnoJoy" type projects where they put custom firmware on the Uno's ATmega16U2 USB to TTL serial adapter chip to provide HID capability even though the Uno'sprimary ATMega328P micrcontroller doesn't have native USB.

It is possible to program the SAMD11 using the Arduino IDE. However, even just getting the support added to the Arduino for programming this chip as an Arduino board ("MuxTO") is an advanced process (there isn't Boards Manager installation support), and I think the available memory on the chip is fairly limited. I haven't actually seen any reports from people who played around with the Every's SAMD11 and I've never tried it myself.

So you'll definitely have an easier time doing HID with your Nano 33 IoT board.

the SAMD11 has already not enough memory for larger buffer for faster upload of sketch