[SOLVED] Arduino Uno Pin 13 Always On AND Not Responding

I started using my Arduino Uno from 2015 December until around 2016 of February. I decided to pick my Arduino Project up and running again until I noticed that the Arduino stopped responding completely. My computer wouldn't even detect it, and I also tried to resting it but Pin 13 is set to high the whole time. I didn't really see this problem elsewhere so I'm assuming that this is an hardware issue. Luckily I have an Arduino Mega that works perfectly fine, but I would really like to revive my Arduino Uno. :confused:

Thanks for listening!

-Nick

If the computer doesn't detect it then the 16u2 is dead. So toss the board. Or use the ATMega in a breadboard. Try using the Mega to ICSP it with ArduinoISP.

I suspect that the last thing you did with it before you stopped working with it before was to abuse the power rail somehow, thus trashing the lm358 (which is used to buffer the LED on pin13 on the Uno/mega/etc) and the 16u2 (which are the two components that are easiest to trash by abusing the power rail).

Ok Thank You guys for the info. I probably did kill it from my previous project. I was attempting to make a taser...... I'll make sure I don't do that again.

-Nick

Nicoskiy: Ok Thank You guys for the info. I probably did kill it from my previous project. I was attempting to make a taser...... I'll make sure I don't do that again.

-Nick

Uh, yeah, that would be the sort of project with a high risk of damaging the board, yes.

At least Arduino Uno clones are cheap.