[Solved] Board (Leonard) not recognized (Chrome and Firefox, Windows 8)

My board (Leonardo) connects with the same cable to a desktop computer (Windows 7, Chrome), but when connected to a laptop (Windows 8, Chrome or Firefox – exact details attached), the board is not automatically detected.

I have tried clearing the browser cache and restarting everything. I have also tried downloading and running the ArduinoCreateAgent multiple times. I have admin access.

In Firefox, I get stuck with a 404 error when trying to get the certificate (attached). I have also tried Firefox Private browsing.

In Chrome, I reach the successful install page (attached), but then the board is still not found (attached).

I have tried connecting via all of the USB ports.

A debug console screenshot is attached.

board-not-found.png

firefox-stuck.png

windows8.png

Windows 8 and above often have driver signing issues.
Better for the Arduino side of things if that is turned OFF. (google is good for how to do that)

There are also two levels of administrator and my preferred method is to us the FULL administrator method ( google for "hidden administrator")

Other issues tend to relate to third party security eg. antivirus / antimalware / third party firewalls / ISP restrictions / corporate and educational security and or policy's.

Some browser addon's can also cause issues.

During the install there will be at least two and possibly three pop ups.
One for the Certificate which is browser specific BTW so installing the cert for chrome wont work on Firefox unless you do an install for FF.

There will be a driver box which must also be allowed.
There may be additional driver boxes pop up when different boards are attached and each will need a YES.

There may on occasion be a firewall pop up and again that must also be allowed.

Thank you for the suggestions!

I left the computer overnight, came back, and now the program is uploading. I have not changed any settings, and the computer was only locked overnight (not restarted or updated to my knowledge).

I would love to know what changed since I probably spent 4+ hours yesterday trying to fix it. x.x

My guess is that it was under the "Other issues tend to relate to third party security eg. antivirus / antimalware / third party firewalls / ISP restrictions / corporate and educational security and or policy's." since I am on a university computer.

I also only ever saw one popup. I forgot to add this in the initial post, but I'm including it now to help anyone else who might have this problem.

I'm glad it's working now.

Thanks again!