Solved cannot find solution to electrical problem .

i have a glove , with an arduino hooked to it . i want the arduino to find out whenever someone wears the glove . i couldn't solve this ...

come on, man.... 370 posts and you still don't know how to ask for help ? :o

give more information about all your stuff... which kind of glove , how is it "hooked" to the arduino (which one by the way) etc....

This is not an "electrical" problem.

WHY ? (Do you want to know when someone wears the glove ?) Does this sound like a typical question here on the forum ?

the glove is very similar to this one :

it is an electrical problem , because the solution has to be an electrical solution . i cal cut it or put things in it in any way the final looks of the glove should not matter , the arduino is simply placed on the back of the hand .

it's supposed to do other stuff but most importantly it needs to find-out whenever someone wears it .

rashammel : the arduino is clearly placed on the back of the glove , so it's not hidden in anyway , so you don't need to worry about me killing anyone this time , seriously Sir i am not a terrorist so don't worry about why i am doing stuff . all of these things are part of a project i am working on , and once it's fully done ill post all about it in the forum , like i told you countless times before .

Made me think of this.

Spinal Tap.jpg

no, it’s not an electrical problem, it’s an inventiveness problem …
there are several ways to do what you want, all you have to do is to find the one that suits you . Several sensors might do the job .

I really think it falls under the category Project Guidance , rather than General Electronics. Once you decide how to wire it , then you can post in General Electronics, but it seems to be in the "Project Guidance" stage.

alnath: no, it's not an electrical problem, it's an inventiveness problem .... there are several ways to do what you want, all you have to do is to find the one that suits you . Several sensors might do the job .

Sensors like ? i did test a temp sensor but that wasn't very efficient . i also did try it with conductibility and that also didn't work very well .

that's why i came here .

TKall: Made me think of this.

interesting ...

raschemmel: I really think it falls under the category Project Guidance , rather than General Electronics. Once you decide how to wire it , then you can post in General Electronics, but it seems to be in the "Project Guidance" stage.

i still consider it an electrical problem , i am technically asking about the electrical parts that can detect humans .

If someone were to wear the glove, they would have to pick it up and put it on. Detect the glove's absence from the last known location.

LATEX GLOVES

If you line the inside of the fingers with conductive foil tape and measure the current from one glove to the other , when 5V dc is applied from the LEFT glove to the RIGHT glove, it should be zero with no one wearing it and 5/100000 ohms= 0.00005 A and 5v/250000 ohms = 0.00002 A. (20 to 50 uA) . If you amplify that by 300 , you should be able to read it as an analog input. It’s called a “Differential Voltage” measurement and the arduino can perform this. The preferred method would be a ADS1115 4-input, 16-bit, A/D Module because you could perform differential measurements using 4 of the fingers, if you amplified the dfferential measurement using an LT1215 op amp differential amplifier and measuring the output with the ADS1115. By profiling the measurements of 10 different people, you could generate an average profile for the voltage through the body , when 5V is applied across the body from the left hand to the right hand. Anything that falls in that range is a human. Anything outside (below) that range is not. If you were an electronics person this would be obvious. The LEFT hand gets connected to ( VIN -) , the RIGHT hand gets connected to ( VIN +)
of the Single Supply Instrumentation Amplifier circuit on page-1 of the LT1215 DATASHEET. Output goes to an ADS115 input. Left FINGER-1 to Right FINGER-1 = input-1
LEFT FINGER-2 to RIGHT FINGER-2 = input-2,
LEFT FINGER-3 to RIGHT FINGER-3 = input-3,
etc.
It stands to reason that if anyone is wearing the gloves, you are reading SOMETHING. (WHO CARES WHAT ?!) because if NO ONE is wearing the gloves you are reading NOTHING.
Are you capable of telling the difference between SOMETHING and NOTHING ?

This does NOT require an UNO r3. It can be done with a Pro-Mini.
THIS suggests that an ATtiny85 might work as well because it has 3 analog inputs and can do I2C.

I do not think an accelerometer would work because there is not enough movement. If you can install mercury switches to detect when the gloves are in the position shown in the photo, then that would only require a single digital read of an input , with a pullup resistor and a mercury switch to GND. If the gloves are worn and the switch is right side up, the input will NOT be pulled to ground, and will read HIGH. If it is laying horizontally, the mercury switch would be sideways and the contacts might be closed, pulling the input LOW. I have never tried this particular application of a mercury switch so I can’t really say whether there is a position possible that will always read consistenly one way when the gloves are laying on table, and the opposite when they are in the position shown in the photo. That is something you would have to research. The other approach, described above , would likely be more reliable, though more complicated, but the person has absolutely no sweat glands in their hands, it would likely read something detectable. The only thing you have to remember , is that the likelyhood of anyone wearing the gloves is directly proportional to current measured across the body, from one hand to the next. If no one is wearing the gloves, the circuit is OPEN and 5V/100,000,000=0.00000005 A, (a very small number, even when multiplied by 300 (0.000015 A) . So if the current measured is <=15uA (after the x300 amplification) , it is unlikely anyone is wearing the gloves. If the current is >20uA (after the x300 amplification), it is possible someone is wearing the gloves. Until you try it and collect some data, it is impossible to tell if this method would work. If that’s too much trouble, then find some other way.

It might be an electronics or technology problem, its not an electrical problem. An electrical problem is when the mains fuse blows!

Movement sensing with an accelerometer chip would be one way, gloves move a lot more when being worn (OK doesn't help if they are stuffed in a pocket when not worn)

I presume you would need battery power and wireless comms to avoid having wires attached?

I do not think an accelerometer would work because there is not enough movement

actually, I think it would work ADXL345 with I2C or even ADXL335 using analog inputs https://www.adafruit.com/products/163

amine2:
Sensors like ? i did test a temp sensor but that wasn’t very efficient .
i also did try it with conductibility and that also didn’t work very well .

that’s why i came here .

IMHO, this is an information you should have given in your 1st post :wink:

and I agree with Raschemmel, Project Guidance seems to be a better place for that question

amine2: Sensors like ? i did test a temp sensor but that wasn't very efficient . i also did try it with conductibility and that also didn't work very well .

Why did they fail ?

Post details of what you tried. It may be that you got something wrong that others can spot.

Maybe a capacitive sensor chip like those used for electric hobs across two fingers would do the trick.

EDIT

Blimey you guys can post faster than i can type

It would be simpler, if it did.

Pressure sensor:

They're latex gloves. A pressure sendor would work but it would annoyingly uncomfortable.