[Solved] Can't compile a sketch for the Nano or Mini

Hi all

I'm using the Arduino Create Web Editor to compile the Blink example sketch. However, when I try to verify/compile it for the Arduino Nano I get the following error message:

arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/727702958 -hardware arduino-builder/hardware -hardware arduino-builder/packages/cores -tools arduino-builder/tools -tools arduino-builder/packages/tools -built-in-libraries arduino-builder/latest -libraries /tmp/386889419/pinned -libraries /tmp/386889419/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:nano=atmega328 -verbose=false /tmp/386889419/Blink
Board nano=atmega328 (platform avr, package arduino) is unknown

I get a simliar message when I do the same for the Arduino Mini.

If I select the Arduino/Genuino Uno it compiles fine and I get this message:

arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/802259546 -hardware arduino-builder/hardware -hardware arduino-builder/packages/cores -tools arduino-builder/tools -tools arduino-builder/packages/tools -built-in-libraries arduino-builder/latest -libraries /tmp/623624487/pinned -libraries /tmp/623624487/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:uno -verbose=false /tmp/623624487/Blink
Sketch uses 928 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

I'm using Chrome to do this on my Windows 10 laptop.

Has anyone any idea why I can't verify/compile/upload to the Nano?

Many thanks for your help

Keith

Hi @Keith,
you are right there was a bug, it should be fixed now, could you please try again?

Thanks Smellai - I'll look forward to trying this out later!

Thanks

Keith

Hi Smellai

I've tried compiling again. The editor says "Success: Done verifying. Blink" but it no longer gives a compilation report in the output window, nor does it give you a detailed error report if there is an error in the sketch.

Is this how the editor now works, or could another bug have crept in...

Best regards

Keith

There was some work done today on the system it could just be temporary

Hello I have a similar isue with Mega 2560.
The error message is:

arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/489005612 -hardware arduino-builder/hardware -hardware arduino-builder/packages/cores -tools arduino-builder/tools -tools arduino-builder/packages/tools -built-in-libraries arduino-builder/latest -libraries /tmp/360562113/pinned -libraries /tmp/360562113/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:mega -verbose=false /tmp/360562113/Blink

avr-g++: error: missing device or architecture after '-mmcu='

exit status 1

I'm using FireFox

@Gemelon, you are absolutely right we are pushing a fix for the Mega as soon as we can

Mega is up and running! Sorry for the inconvenience

OK it works now. Thank you.