[solved] Cant compile code for arduino DUE, compiler cant see some .h files

Hello world!

Im having a weird compiling issue. Im running Arduino IDE v1.5.7, on 64 bit Windows 7 machine

I stumbled upon this issue while attempting running an example sketch of a ultrasonic sensor library
https://code.google.com/p/arduino-new-ping/

The library compiles just fine if tools>board>arduino UNO is selected. Im trying to compile for arduino DUE (and the library appears to have support for DUE). Inside of the library, there are two include statements

#include <avr/interrupt.h>
#include <avr/io.h>

I do have both io.h and interrupt.h files where they are supposed to be (i didnt tamper with their original location). Arduino>tools>avr>avr>include>avr

when I press compile, arduino finds interrupt.h without problems but returns a fatal error saying that io.h does not exist. Uppon further messing around, I found that there are some files in avr folders that i can include without problems, and others appear to be invisible to the compiler. Any ideas what is going on?
Again, everything seems to be compiling just fine if I try to compile the code for Uno or Fio for example.

Thanks !

#include <avr/io.h>

Due?

So essentially, we can isolate problem by running this sketch (modified bare basic sketch)

#include <avr/io.h>
void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:
}
void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
}

If I compile this for Arduino DUE, i get the following error message

BareMinimum.ino:1:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

If i compile this for Arduino Uno, everything works just fine, any thoughts?

The Due isn't an AVR.

Oh... okay! Thank you ! I guess this is a case closed!