SOLVED: Cant find libraries

After my pc unexpectedly rebooted (power out), compiler says it cant find any of my includes. It was compiling fine before. I don't have an example sadly as i am at work now. But in general sense what causes multiple libraries to not be found?

Solved: Idiot. I was compiling for Uno all the time it wouldn't find it. It's an ESP of course.

Libraries are stored in multiple locations. The one most likely to be "lost" would be the libraries subfolder of your sketchbook, where any libraries you install are stored. This would happen if you changed the location of the sketchbook folder without moving all the installed libraries to the new location. Please verify that the value of File > Preferences > Sketchbook location is correct.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please post the complete error message.

Also, if pert's ideas don't lead to an answer try using the search feature to verify the library files are still present somewhere on your hard drive. Searching from the root directory will take some time (depending on your HD capacity) but will search the entire drive for the missing files. The search feature will be different depending on your operating system and machine type (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, etc or PC or Mac machine)

Weird. I compiled fine when I got home, and now again it won't find them. So it's on again, off again in finding them.

Ken_F:
Also, if pert's ideas don't lead to an answer try using the search feature to verify the library files are still present somewhere on your hard drive. Searching from the root directory will take some time (depending on your HD capacity) but will search the entire drive for the missing files. The search feature will be different depending on your operating system and machine type (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, etc or PC or Mac machine)

• Yeah, search is slow as all hell over on Windows 8. In fact all file browsing sucks on 8.

OK - I can find it, it's in: C:\Users\matt\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\

But IDE doesn't.

Error message is: ESP8266WiFi.h: No such file or directory

In file included from C:\Users\matt\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.h:28:0,

from C:\Users\matt\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFi.h:34,

from C:\Users\matt\Documents\Arduino\node9-3\node9-7\node9-7.ino:13:

C:\Users\matt\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiGeneric.h:27:22: fatal error: functional: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

BS - that file is there. I just read it.

***SOLVED ****

Idiot award of day goes to Matt Logue. You were compiling for an Uno, not a NodeMCU 1.0, you dipshit. I have three parts to my system, two ESPs and one Uno.