I’ve ordered an Atmega328P-PU uC from eBay and I’m trying to program it. For that I’m using basic connection circuit and FTDI to upload my code. I keep getting the same error (see title). It is just unable to establish connection to my chip.
It seems that I’ve tried everything suggested by google…Here’s what I have tried:
- Port selected is correct
- Tried selecting different boards (Uno, Pro mini, DUEMILANOVE and Diecimila)
- Tried inserting my chip on ARDUINO DUEMILANOVE and it worked fine
- FTDI works fine because I tried connecting it to my arduino and it uploaded fine
- Tried connecting pull-ups to RX/TX wires
- Tried uploading on different versions of arduino IDE (1.0.6 and 1.6.7)
- Added by-pass caps to vcc
- FTDI drivers are up to date
- Double-checked pin connections
- Tried different usb sockets of my laptop
- Tried powering my chip with FTDI itself and with external power source
I attached my circuit’s schematic and photo of my wiring.
So at this point I’m thinking that my circuit is at fault and maybe something is missing.
If you could help me solve this it would make me very happy