SOLVED:Comparing identical Char arrays in If statement. Uno, FONA 800, Rookie

Hi,

I am currently working on a project with an Uno, FONA 800, and a temperature sensor. Currently the system works, where I send literally any text to the FONA and it sends me the temp. Simple... But not complex enough. So I decided today that I needed more information when I text, but K.I.S.S. when my wife texts the system, which involves the system comparing my number to the caller ID on the system. Where I have the issue is at the beginning of the If statement it says that the two numbers don't match.

char EM1[32] = "+0000000000";  //Obviously not my number
char callerIDbuffer[32];  //we'll store the SMS sender number in here

if(EM1 == callerIDbuffer){
   Serial.println("Number Matched!!!");
   fona.sendSMS(EM1, "Test");
 }

I've been trying for several hours to convert the buffer into char, char*, and strings to make sure the format is correct, but no luck. I've even gone as far as

Serial.println(callerIDbuffer);
    Serial.println(EM1);

to compare the two, which appear identical, but still wont go into the if statement. I also tried getting the two numbers to print out in binary so I could compare bit by bit, but couldn't get that working either.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated and if its something stupid simple, please feel free to speak freely. FYI i have already RTFM

if(EM1 == callerIDbuffer){

Unless those two arrays share the same address (not bloody likely), the comparison will never be true.

strcmp() is used to compare strings.

I know that I tried strcmp earlier, but its working now, and thats good enough for me.

if(strcmp(callerIDbuffer, EM1) ==0){
              Serial.println("Numbers Matched!!!");
              fona.sendSMS(EM1, "test");
            }

Thanks