[SOLVED] does not name a type

Hi,

When I try to compile the attached code I get the error attached.
Thanks for any help

05_5car_rf.zip (20 KB)

Try again. Few members will download and unzip your zip file. More members will see your code if posted properly. Read the how get the most out of this forum sticky to see how to properly post code. Remove useless white space and format the code with the IDE autoformat tool (crtl-t or Tools, Auto Format) before posting code in code tags.

Please include the entire error message. It is easy to do. There is a button (lower right of the IDE window) called "copy error message". Copy the error and paste into a post in code tags. Paraphrasing the error message leaves out important information.

error:

errors.zip (16.3 KB)

u8 colorPos = 0;
u8 colorStep = 50;
u8 stripDisplayMode = 1;
u8 currentLedIndex = 0;
u16 stripDisplayDelay = 100;
u32 lastStripUpdateTime = 0;

This does not look correct.

So the readme says you need an Arduino Zero, but you have used a leonardo!

u8?
u16?
I think you mean
uint8_t
uint16_t
Etc

Thanks missdrew but if i change the board to arduino zero I get a error at the top on #include <EEPROM.h>

You mean this error?

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"

sketch_dec12a:80:1: error: 'Freenove_WS2812B_Controller' does not name a type
 Freenove_WS2812B_Controller strip(STRIP_I2C_ADDRESS, STRIP_LEDS_COUNT, TYPE_GRB);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/sketch_dec12a/sketch_dec12a.ino: In function 'void setup()':

That's probably because it's defined in a library that you did not include. Try finding the library, installing it. and adding a #include for it.

johnwasser:
You mean this error?

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"

sketch_dec12a:80:1: error: ‘Freenove_WS2812B_Controller’ does not name a type
Freenove_WS2812B_Controller strip(STRIP_I2C_ADDRESS, STRIP_LEDS_COUNT, TYPE_GRB);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/sketch_dec12a/sketch_dec12a.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:

That's probably because it's defined in a library that you did not include. Try finding the library, installing it. and adding a #include for it.

Thanks I will look for the library that defines it.