[Solved] Duplicate Library Names, Coping With...

I am a newbie, this is my first post.

I have a library I got from github that is named hx711. When I downloaded that, there was no "download as a zip file" option there so I made a folder named /libraries/hx711 and downloaded all the files and folders into that. That hx711 library is here:

https://github.com/aguegu/ardulibs/tree/3cdb78f3727d9682f7fd22156604fc1e4edd75d1/hx711

I have since found another library for the hx711 module here and that was downloaded as a * zip file:

https://github.com/bogde/HX711

The zip file extracted a folder named libraries/HX711-master. And when I started the IDE I got a warning that it could not be used because if the name it had been extracted to. I searched here and found numerous posts that say that I need to rename the folder to match the name of the HX711.h file that had been extracted from the zip file.

But since I already have a library folder named hx711 Windows (XP Pro) will not let me rename folder HX711-master to HX711.

What would be the best way to resolve this? I could guess at it (renaming the *.h file and then the folder for example) but I don't know what the consequences of that would be as far as using examples and things like that. And, as a newbie, I will admit to still being a little terrified about how "easy" it has been for me to get this far... :~

Thanks for any help,

Jack

why dont you just move the other file elsehwere thats not needed.

I'm new to this, but when I look at the files they are not the same. They do two different things and are even coded to use different inputs on the Freaduino UNO board I'm using. And I want to try them both.

Jack

well use one and get the other one out of the folder and when you need that second one get the first one out of the library folder and get the second one in.

OK, I guess that is what I'll have to do then.

Like I said, I'm new to all this and was just wondering if there was a way to have them both there. Like by renaming the .h and .cpp files and then using that as a folder name to comply with the IDE's rule that the folder and file names are the same.

Jack

Like I said, I'm new to all this and was just wondering if there was a way to have them both there. Like by renaming the .h and .cpp files and then using that as a folder name to comply with the IDE's rule that the folder and file names are the same.

Yes you can rename the .h header files and the linked .cpp files to have both there.

Thanks for the info on that. That sounds like the better option for me if I want to be able to try both libraries.

There are always so many "rules" on syntax and stuff that us newbies have to learn the hard way...

And I don't really want to become a programmer as much as I want to be able to use the fruits of the labor of the other "real" programmers. ;)

I think my question is resolved here, do the administrator mark these questions as "solved" or can I do that?

Jack

I think my question is resolved here, do the administrator mark these questions as "solved" or can I do that?

Please mark it as [SOLVED]

NI$HANT:

Please mark it as [SOLVED]

I thought there might be some place to do that but I can't seem to find it. Where is the [Solved] button or whatever?

Jack