[SOLVED] Flame Detection Sensor Module for Arduino

Hi,
I'm having a hard time to understand this component!
http://dx.com/p/arduino-flame-detection-sensor-module-135038
This happens because when i plug it to the circuit, in a daylight environment (inside the house) i'm always getting a HIGH output from de digital pin(D0).
This means that my house in on fire most of the times, except when i'm almost at night and with the lights off :frowning:

Is there a way to calibrate this module? I tried the potentiometer but i don't see the diference!

Any help appreciated.

A quick google finds this

Sensor for flame wavelengths between 760 nm to 1100 nm infrared is most sensitive; Module has two outputs: 1, AO, analog output, real-time output voltage signal on the thermal resistance; 2, DO, when the temperature reaches a certain threshold, the output high and low signal threshold adjustable via potentiometer; 60 degree detection sensor

so if your using the digital output you adjust the pot until you get the desired trigger point. If your using analogue then find what value you want to trigger at from the 0-1023 range and put it in your code.
I also found this that may be helpful.

Please read this.

adjust the pot until you get the desired trigger point

This is exactly my problem, as i notice no change when i adjust the potentiometer.
The model is an http://sc-qixing.en.alibaba.com/product/530591497-213188871/3296_Multi_turn_cermet_Trimmer_Potentiometer.html
I have to use a screwdriver and turn it clockwise. Right?

Wind the pot all the way to one end then slowly wind it back until it triggers/stops triggering. If you get to the other end before this happens then maybe the ambient light is to bright, you have it wired wrong or it's faulty.

In this case ... i think it might be faulty.
Thanks

Thanks for discussing in this topic. I'm working on a portable flame detection torch. The issue is Flame sensor detects Sun light as Fire. In case of Fire the value comes down below 30, So I set a alarm trigger below 30 but while on direct sunlight it gives value sometimes 12-15. so It's hard to distinguish between Fire or Sunlight. Any solution to this ?