[solved] Help with audio module

Hello,

I'm new to Arduino and I'm working on a project including this sound sensor:

I have a problem with the analogRead values, I only get around 26 (at Min) and 1023 (at Max) even when I adjust the sensitivity of the potentiometer it never gives a correct variation.
I tried searching the web but I couldn't find a proper solution to my problem. Somewhere they said it has something to do with the internal pull-up resistor ? Something to change in the ADC? Dunno how to do so.

Can someone help me get this right?
Thanks.

EDIT: I'm using an Arduino Uno board.

I only get around 26 (at Min) and 1023 (at Max)

The sound very good readings. What were you expecting?

Hum actually it doesn’t.
When I said 26 and 1023 at Min and Max, I meant that when I lower the sensitivity it only gives 26, when I put it at max it gives 1023; at all time even when the room is “silent”.
I’m not sure the sensor is working at this point.

I'm not sure the sensor is working at this point.

What happens to the readings when you tap the microphone?

The site does not inspire confidence in the vendors, it says:-

adjustable sensitivity adjustment digital potentiometer (shown in blue)

That is an analogue potentiometer not a digital one.

Nothing happens to the readings, it's constantly showing 1023 :confused:
I tried unplugging the analog pin and they dropped to 300-400, isn't it supposed to give me a 0 or so ?

I didn't buy it from the site, I got it from an electronics shop but it's the same model that's what I wanted to clarify.

sn't it supposed to give me a 0 or so

No if you disconnect anything from an input then it floats and can read anything.

Nothing happens to the readings, it's constantly showing 1023 :confused:

Adjust the pot until you get a reading of around 512 then flick the microphone and see if the reading changes. Use as fast a baud rate as possible, have no delays in the code. If the reading doesn't change then take it back it is broken.

I took it back and got a new one which seems to work just fine, the old one was really broken after all xD

Thank you for your help !