"Solved" i2c Scanner does not Find GY 521

Hi,

I am a newbee of Arduino. I have arduino uno r3 board. I am trying to connect my gy 521 gyro, but when i test through i2c scanner, it does not find any devices. My connnections, as follows,

VCC 3.3v
GND Ground
SCL A5
SDA A4

i am doing sth wrong but i am completely lost. i googled the problem, but cant find any solution.

I will be appreciated if you guys help me.

JohnChi,

Thank you for reply,

I have already tried it, unfortunately, nothing changed :frowning:

Have you put pullup resistors on the connections for SCL and SDA?

This breakout board is meant to have them already, so external resistors are not needed.

Hackscribble:
Have you put pullup resistors on the connections for SCL and SDA?

This breakout board is meant to have them already, so external resistors are not needed.

Nope, actually i connected directly, added nothing, Should i add sth?

(Sorry to ask but i did not understand pull up resistors issue, in some websites, i saw sth related that, however, as i said, i am confused a little)

No, direct connection without pullup resistors is ok. They are already on the breakout board.

Can you post a link to the specific board you are using?

Hi again,

I have bought and using this one,

On board it is written only "UNO" like picture.

Sorry, I meant the GY521 board :slight_smile:

I got it wrong :slight_smile:

Ebay link is,

At website, they added these attachments as material, i attached them,

PS-MPU-6000A.pdf (2.27 MB)

RM-MPU-6000A.pdf (827 KB)

I saw at web pages that ppl use logic level converter, but i saw at youtube, ppl wiring directly and got it work,

What should i do, any ideas would be appreciated.

You can connect it to an Arduino Uno board.
So far you have everything done right, the wiring and running the i2c_scanner.
Can you make a photo of it ? Perhaps you have used a breadboard in the wrong way, or connected something to XDA or XCL, or something like that.

When you are really stuck, the best solution is : buy a new Arduino Uno and a new MPU-6050 module and try that.

I think my previous sensor is somehow broken or fried while soldering. Changed brand new and tested, working now. Thank you all folks.

Best Regards.