[SOLVED] IDE 1.6.2 won't run on Windows 7 64bit

Hello -

IDE 1.6.2 won't run on my Dell XPS windows 7 64 bit machine. After searching the forum, I found the posts regarding 1.6.1 not launching.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=307277.0

I checked the arduino.l4j.ini and arduino_debug.l4j.ini, and both files already have -Xmx512M instead of -Xmx1024M

Following the suggestions, I ran debug, and got the following repetitive message:

at processing.app.Base.addSketchesSubmenu(Base.java:1551) at processing.app.Base.addSketches(Base.java:1471)

Under Programs I have jdk1.8.0_40 and jre1.8.0_40 Under Programs(x86) I have jdk1.7.0_51, and jre.8.0_31

Of course IDE 1.6.2 runs just fine on my Windows XP desktop and Vista Laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Paul G.

IDE 1.6.2 won't run on Windows 7 64bit

Runs fine for me. The problem is not Windows, 7, or 64bit.

Following the suggestions, I ran debug, and got the following repetitive message: at processing.app.Base.addSketchesSubmenu(Base.java:1551) at processing.app.Base.addSketches(Base.java:1471)

That would be where the exception occurred. You are likely to get more / better assistance if you post the exception. I believe it is first in the dump.

The location implies that your sketchbook (the directory where your sketches are located) has a problem. Are you able to navigate through the sketchbook without error?

I am also running version 1.6.2 of the IDE in 64 bit, Windows 7 without any problems.

Coding Badly -

Problem Solved.

The actual exception kept scrolling out of the command window, and was unreachable with the scroll bar. However, you hit the nail on the head with your question about the sketchbook. Looking through each folder, I found that there were numerous "library" folders nested within each other. Renaming the Sketchbook folder allowed the IDE to create a new folder, and all is working normally.

Thanks for the Assistance!

Paul G.