[SOLVED] IDE 1.6.6 Windows 10 BSOD

I am having trouble getting 1.6.6 to run. When I run it, I get a Blue screen of death, with and error “kernel_security_check_failure”. I have tried the installer, zip install and nightly, all with the same result. I uninstall each time. I have gone through the registry and cleaned out everything I could find. Even older version do this now. I have done a check on windows, did virus scan and all updates.

I am stumped. Does anyone have any ideas? Drivers maybe? This is the only software that does this.

Thanks,

Eroc

A historical word of immense warning! Do not continuously achieve BSOD! It can serioiusly depricate into a permanent failure of the OS.

As an adjunct. I just recovered from a system crash due to 1.6.7 installer. Don't know if they are related but this is the only task I am executing at this time on this machine. The system restore point was labeled 'Arduino driver update.' TG I had the restore option otherwise 'Hosed'.

I went to a previous install point, reinstalled 1.6.6 and it still crashes with a BSOD.

Anyone else running this on Windows 10?

I went back and reinstalled earlier version of the IDE.

I can install up to 1.6.0, but if I install 1.6.1 I get the Blue screen of death!

What changed in 1.6.1?

erocfx: Anyone else running this on Windows 10?

No problem with 1.6.6 on Windows 10 Pro 32bit.

Interesting, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I have a Windows 10 pro 64 bit machine i Can try installing 1.6.6 on tomorrow.

Did you ever try the 64bit Thansen DK?

I'm Very sorry, totally forgot :-[

Just installed 1.6.6 on Windows 10 Pro 64bit, used the Windows installer. Compiled and uploaded a sketch, no problem at all.

Thanks for checking, I have no idea why it won't work on my install after version 1.6.1.

erocfx:
Drivers maybe?

Given the context and Microsoft’s description there are three possibilities: buggy driver; failing memory; failing harddrive. This being the only symptom I suspect buggy driver.

This is the only software that does this.

It is impossible for a user mode application to cause a kernel panic. That the failure occurs running the Arduino IDE is purely coincidence.

[quote author=Coding Badly date=1447908741 link=msg=2485119] It is impossible for a user mode application to cause a kernel panic. That the failure occurs running the Arduino IDE is purely coincidence. [/quote]

I see what your saying, but I can consistently get this failure when running the Arduino IDE only.

In which case it will be very easy for you to know when the problem is resolved.

No problem with 1.6.6 on Windows 10 Home 64bit (Spanish).

Ok, so I ran WhoCrashed and found out it was my "Killer e2200 Ethernet driver that was causing the BSOD. I updated the driver and now everything is working. Thanks for the help!!