SOLVED Idetify Print.h from compiler output

My task is to identify which “Print.h” file is used by this simple program.

#include <Print.h> 
#pragma message HERE
#error STOP ***********************************************
void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

Here is a partial compiler output .
Sorry it is little cluttered , but that is the way I copied it from compiler output.

/home/jim/Downloads/Arduino/build/linux/work/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware /home/jim/Downloads/Arduino/build/linux/work/hardware -hardware /home/jim/.arduino15/packages -tools /home/jim/Downloads/Arduino/build/linux/work/tools-builder -tools /home/jim/Downloads/Arduino/build/linux/work/hardware/tools/avr -tools /home/jim/.arduino15/packages -built-in-libraries /home/jim/Downloads/Arduino/build/linux/work/libraries -libraries /home/jim/Arduino/libraries -fqbn=arduino:sam:arduino_due_x_dbg -vid-pid=0X2341_0X003D -ide-version=10611 -build-path /tmp/build446560db1438c7cba4922ea2bfc05e1c.tmp -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1 -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac.path=/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/bossac/1.6.1-arduino -verbose /home/jim/Arduino/sketch_aug27a/sketch_aug27a.ino
/home/jim/Downloads/Arduino/build/linux/work/arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware /home/jim/Downloads/Arduino/build/linux/work/hardware -hardware /home/jim/.arduino15/packages -tools /home/jim/Downloads/Arduino/build/linux/work/tools-builder -tools /home/jim/Downloads/Arduino/build/linux/work/hardware/tools/avr -tools /home/jim/.arduino15/packages -built-in-libraries /home/jim/Downloads/Arduino/build/linux/work/libraries -libraries /home/jim/Arduino/libraries -fqbn=arduino:sam:arduino_due_x_dbg -vid-pid=0X2341_0X003D -ide-version=10611 -build-path /tmp/build446560db1438c7cba4922ea2bfc05e1c.tmp -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1 -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac.path=/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/bossac/1.6.1-arduino -verbose /home/jim/Arduino/sketch_aug27a/sketch_aug27a.ino
Using board 'arduino_due_x_dbg' from platform in folder: /home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8
Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: /home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8
Detecting libraries used...
"/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -fno-threadsafe-statics --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Dprintf=iprintf  -w -x c++ -E -CC -v -Wcomment -H -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -DF_CPU=84000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_SAM_DUE -DARDUINO_ARCH_SAM  -D__SAM3X8E__ -mthumb -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x003e -DUSBCON '-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Arduino LLC"' '-DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Due"' "-I/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/system/libsam" "-I/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/system/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include/" "-I/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/" "-I/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/cores/arduino" "-I/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/variants/arduino_due_x" "/tmp/build446560db1438c7cba4922ea2bfc05e1c.tmp/sketch/sketch_aug27a.ino.cpp" -o "/dev/null"
"/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -fno-threadsafe-statics --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Dprintf=iprintf  -w -x c++ -E -CC -v -Wcomment -H -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -DF_CPU=84000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_SAM_DUE -DARDUINO_ARCH_SAM  -D__SAM3X8E__ -mthumb -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x003e -DUSBCON '-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Arduino LLC"' '-DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Due"' "-I/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/system/libsam" "-I/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/system/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include/" "-I/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/" "-I/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/cores/arduino" "-I/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/variants/arduino_due_x" "/tmp/build446560db1438c7cba4922ea2bfc05e1c.tmp/sketch/sketch_aug27a.ino.cpp" -o "/tmp/build446560db1438c7cba4922ea2bfc05e1c.tmp/preproc/ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++
Target: arm-none-eabi
Configured with: /home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/src/gcc/configure --target=arm-none-eabi --prefix=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/install-native --libexecdir=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/install-native/lib --infodir=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/install-native/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/info --mandir=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/install-native/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/man --htmldir=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/install-native/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/html --pdfdir=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/install-native/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/pdf --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-plugins --disable-decimal-float --disable-libffi --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-libquadmath --disable-libssp --disable-libstdcxx-pch --disable-nls --disable-shared --disable-threads --disable-tls --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --with-headers=yes --with-python-dir=share/gcc-arm-none-eabi --with-sysroot=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/install-native/arm-none-eabi --build=i686-linux-gnu --host=i686-linux-gnu --with-gmp=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/build-native/host-libs/usr --with-mpfr=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/build-native/host-libs/usr --with-mpc=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/build-native/host-libs/usr --with-isl=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/build-native/host-libs/usr --with-cloog=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/build-native/host-libs/usr --with-libelf=/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/build-native/host-libs/usr --with-host-libstdcxx='-static-libgcc -Wl,-Bstatic,-lstdc++,-Bdynamic -lm' --with-pkgversion='GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors' --with-multilib-list=armv6-m,armv7-m,armv7e-m,armv7-r
Thread model: single

And here is the part of interest - with Print.h reference:

.. /home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/cores/arduino/USB/USBDesc.h
.. /home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/cores/arduino/USB/USBCore.h
.. /home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/cores/arduino/USB/USBAPI.h
... /home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/cores/arduino/RingBuffer.h
... /home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/cores/arduino/Stream.h
. /home/jim/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.8/cores/arduino/Print.h
sketch_aug27a:3: error: #error STOP ***********************************************
 #error STOP ***********************************************
  ^

My questions are:

What is .arduino15 device / directory function ?
Where did it come from?

It is not visible in my /home/jim folder at all.

Same goes for packages.

This is my first venture into Linux, so be gentle.
Thanks
Jim

julyjim: What is .arduino15 device / directory function ?

That is where Boards Manager downloads and installs hardware packages to. In this case the Arduino SAM Boards package. It is also where your preferences settings file is stored.

julyjim: Where did it come from?

It was created the first time you ran the Arduino IDE

julyjim: It is not visible in my /home/jim folder at all.

It's hidden, you may be able to change your settings so that you can see hidden folders. They are really not so scary that they need to be hidden from view, I don't know why operating system developers think that's a useful default. You should also be able to access that folder by clicking on the path on the next line after File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file: in the Arduino IDE.

Thanks, that was fast! You are a pal! And you indirectly answered another question - how did I get in to preferences.txt if I could not see the .arduino15. Jim,