SOLVED: If statement not affecting blink speed in modified Blink sketch

I have a problem with a simple modification of the Blink sketch. I modified it in such a way that I think it should blink faster when pin 12 is high and slower when it is low. I'm using a brand new Nano Every and there is nothing attached except the USB cable. I've measued pin 12 with my DMM and it is high as expected but the LED is flashing slowly. If I switch the timings around then it will flash fast, so I know the sketch is uploading correctly. For some reason, the state of pin 12 is not affecting the blink speed. Changing HIGH to LOW in the sketch, also has no effect. Thanks in advance.

#define LED_BUILTIN 13
const int SwitchPin = 12;

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
  pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(SwitchPin, INPUT_PULLUP);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  if (SwitchPin == HIGH) {
    digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
    delay(100);                       // wait for a second
    digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
    delay(100);                       // wait for a second
  } else {
      digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
      delay(1000);                       // wait for a second
      digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
      delay(1000);                       // wait for a second
  }
}
if (digitalRead(SwitchPin)) {

..or..

if (digitalRead(SwitchPin) == HIGH) {

SwitchPin is just the pin #, You have to do a digitalRead() of that pin to get its value

Thanks very much!