[SOLVED] installing in final good enclosure

My connection with LCD 2004 and 4 push buttons is ready to build in a good enclosure. It has to be placed in a dusty rounding with relative high humidity.

I found a suitable industrial junction box (OBO T100, outside dimensions 151x 117 x 67 mm)

Has anybody tips for:

1. mounting the LCD 2004?
  2. suitable push buttons?

I can’t find anywhere a bezel. Now I made a square hole in the box and glued perspex on the inner side (with superglue).
Now I use a 4x1 keypad, but the double-sided adhesive tape fails after some weeks. More over: in this case I can’t place a tin foil on the front.

You can buy weatherproof, or at least weather resistant pushbuttons, with rubber "boots" around them to keep out dust & moisture. Use keywords like "momentary" and "IP67" to search.

typically for mounting square things i like to design a 3-d printed bezel with space for a piece of cut plexiglass if its an lcd, although if you don’t have a 3d printer or cad skills this can be difficult.

epoxy might be a better solution for you than superglue, much more robust.

+1 to the ip67 and momentary for waterproof keypad. try searching on Digikey or similar, they have quite the selection and a great search engine.

is it the tape on the keypad that fails? try gluing it on?

Reflective switch ?

Hi, (disclaimer) I happen to make bezels, and have one available for the 2004 lcd.
You don't clarify what the application is. A domestic setting? or an industrial/commercial application.
The thing to consider is what level of dust/moisture is permitted, and what certification you have to provide.

However, having bezels etc "lab certified" for dust, water, humidity, chemical, explosive environments etc etc is very expensive, and prohibitive. Any hole in a certified enclosure may de-certify it.
There are IP rated buttons that may be useful and are relatively cheap. However, ingress protection around any display hole is likely to be a problem.
For a project where I didn't want any external buttons (a NIXI clock), I used a cheap 1527 RF remote control (4 channels). You might be able to use that to replace the functions of the buttons. Then if you mount the LCD behind a clear cover of a certified enclosure you might be in business - by not cutting any holes in the enclosure.
Yes, you can make (3D print etc) a bezel (or you can check our what I offer on my site), but again level of ingress is a key consideration.
Ultimately this all comes down to how "certified" this has to be.
Disclaimer: I happen to make bezels, but they are not "certified". I think it's unlikely you will find an industrial bezel within a reasonable budget.
I hope the remote control idea is worth looking at.

Thank you for the good tip to use a remote control.

Now I use four keys in different mode: short pulse, three pulse after each other and a long pulse.
I have to find out how it can be solved.

I would suggest you look into this type of box.

The cover being clear will allow you to mount your LCD display with no concerns of water getting to it. I have in the past masked off an area the size of the display on the inside of the clear cover. Painted the inside of the cover. When the mask is removed you have a very robust bezel (function).

Mount the LCD:

1. mount it from the bottom on standoffs
  2. mount it to a piece of plastic running from wall to wall in side the box.
  3. mount it to the front using another piece of plastic (does screw up the painted interior look).

These plastics can be bonded with ordinary plastic pipe solvent. If you get a piece of similar material, put a flathead screw in it then bond it to a wall or bottom of the housing you will end up with a screw sticking out for mounting with no penetration of the box. I did the mostly for aesthetic reasons.

Or you can simply put a screw through a wall then cover it with RTV (GE silicone II, NOT Silicone I)