(solved) is it safe to solder this wire ?

i am using the NRF24L01+ module , it's kinda tricky , the thing is , whenever i put my finger on the crystal it works correctly . and if i get a wire to touch the crystal from one side and the bottom of the antenna from an other it also works everytime .

is it safe to solder a wire on the surface of the crystal and solder the other part to the surface of the antenna ? i don't know weather this is safe or not

(this might seem like a stupid thing to do , or a turn around the real electrical problem , but if it works it aint stupid )

If that is not a SMD crystal, try to solder the it again into the board.

MalharD: If that is not a SMD crystal, try to solder the it again into the board.

it's not an SMD crystal , what i am attempting to do is to just solder a normal wire on the surface of the crystal . that is supposed to get it to work .

If there isn't visible damage that needs fixing give up, you have a broken unit and without an RF spectrum analyzer you would be working blind. You might think it works but it might be splattering RF interference all over the wrong waveband or only outputing 1% of nominal power or anything.

Your problem is probably something else in the first place, like poor power or bad connection. xyproblem.

MarkT:
If there isn’t visible damage that needs fixing give up, you have a broken unit and without an RF
spectrum analyzer you would be working blind. You might think it works but it might be splattering
RF interference all over the wrong waveband or only outputing 1% of nominal power or anything.

Your problem is probably something else in the first place, like poor power or bad connection. xyproblem.

yes i think it’s mainly a poor power problem . i have been working with this RF unit for days now and i was unable to identify the real problem . i soldered the wire on the surface of the crystal , and now the module works as it needs to (apparently) and even if it’s working abnormally as long as it does what it’s supposed to do then it’s fine to me .
this has to be the most unusual thing i have ever worked with in electronics .

and regarding the power consumption of the chip , it's appearantly consuming more that what the datasheet indicates not less , which is also weird

It's a pretty common thing to se a ground wire reach up from the PCB and touch the top of the crystal's metal can with a blob of solder.

Do you have a second one you can test against? I think it is quite possible yours is soldered incorrectly.

MorganS: It's a pretty common thing to se a ground wire reach up from the PCB and touch the top of the crystal's metal can with a blob of solder.

Do you have a second one you can test against? I think it is quite possible yours is soldered incorrectly.

sadly i don't Morgan , thank you very much for the support :) the circuit now works after soldering the wire to the surface of the cap , but weird enough even if the other end is not connected to anything it also works . so the wire itself seems to be doing the magic

Does it work upside-down? It could be the weight of the wire bringing the crystal into contact with its pads.

Especially with the cheap import stuff, I find it is almost always worth the extra cost to order at least 2 or 3 of whatever I am getting so when I have problems, I can determine "do two units behave the same or are they different" which really helps in trying to determine if I have a code or hardware issue. Saves lots of hair pulling to be able to determine where the problem is that I need to solve.

The schematic shows a 16 MHz crystal with a cap on each side to ground. Either the crystal is flakey, sort of a common problem, or one of the caps is bad or not soldered. Try resoldering the ends of the two 22pf caps.

Paul

thank you very much guys :)