SOLVED: ITDB02-3.2WD

Hello,

I bought a ITDB02-3.2WD LCD Touch + ITDB02 Mega shield V2.1 (I ordered 2.0 but they sent me 2.1) from ITEAD. I own an Arduino Mega 2560.

The LCD is working perfectly, but touch doesn't work at all. I have tried using both 3 and 5 volts mode.

Just to make a test I have tried to use the LCD with a ITDB02 Mega shield V1.1 kit (self assembled) and both LCD and touch work good.

In the UTouch_Calibration program I use the following code: UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32WD,38,39,40,41); UTouch myTouch(6,5,4,3,2);

Any idea? Thanks.

I've not used the touch on anything but the ElecFreaks board although I do own several ITDB02 Ver 2.1 shields... Is the 3/5 V switch in the 5V position?. It must be for a Mega or Uno because part of the touch requires 5V... Read the documentation, It's free, accurate and a big time saver.. in that you can read the answers instead of what the "Experts" think are accurate answers. The shield is REQUIRED the display is a 3V3 device and the Arduino is a 5V device... RTFM

Doc

Hello Doc,

I solved the problem following your suggestion. The shield was already powered with 5 volts and didn't work, so I have tried to stop using the usb as power and replaced with a 9 volts power supply for the Arduino. Now it works!

Many thanks!