[Solved] Libraries issues in 1.6.X

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble using libraries. I used to store them in the arduino main path (program files in windows). I got an update message and the reinstall process wiped them!

I decided to re-download some of them and moved them to My Documents/Arduino/libraries. Now, the 1.6.X don't see any of the libraries I have there. I tried 1.6.0, 1.6.3 and 1.6.4, and none of them see them. I can only get the libraries installed in Program files.

If I try with the 1.0.5 branch, the libraries I have in My documents appear right there, as expected. This leads me to think that is not a problem with paths, or wrong filenames or anything like that. There is something in the 1.6.X branch that makes the My Documents libraries invisible. The problem is, if I install them in Program Files, they will be wiped the next time I reinstall the IDE, and that is a REAL annoyance.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the My documents library path not longer used? if so, why is it still in the libraries documentation page (which is updated to include screenshots of the last branch?).

Thanks!

Check the Sketchbook location in Preferences.

Should be /..../My Documents/Arduino

Create a libraries directory and store all your private libs there.

All your own libraries stored in /My Documents/Arduino/libraries/ will show up.

This is my path

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\tom\Eigene Dateien\Arduino-Tiny3

For testing purposes of Attiny stuff (1.06, 1.6x) I use different directories and change preferences accordingly. I never had issues my libs and the examples related to my own libs.
If everything fails again rename the preference.txt (Path shows up in the preference window).
You will get a new one, don't forget to set the path to ypour Sketchbook location.

Well, I don't know what happened but now is fixed. I don't think it was a path problem, as the libraries appeared correctly with v1.0.5, and not in any the 1.6.X.

In any case, if that was the solution, what I did was deleting the folder and making a new one through the command line. I don't know if the fact of my windows 8 installation having a "User\Documents" (although it appears named as "My Documents") folder instead of a "User\My Documents" one had to do with it.

All in all, I got back my personal libraries where they should.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Let's hope they don't disappear again.