[SOLVED] OpenWrt Problem with kmod-usb-hid & Barcodescanner

I encountered a strange problem with the kmod-usb-hid package. I’m using a USB-barcodescanner for my project, connected to the USB-host of my yun. To read the barcodes, I need USB-hid support. A little C-Program then hooks into the device an gives the barcodes to the Arduino-Sketch.
Problem is: If the Yun isn’t connected to the PC, the scanner will fail on boot. Right after powering up it works, but during openwrt-boot it is disconnected. Error via dmesg is:

[   84.140000] usb 1-1.1: device descriptor read/64, error -145
[   84.330000] usb 1-1.1: reset full-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-platform
[   99.350000] usb 1-1.1: USB disconnect, device number 3
(And so on...)

Connected to the PC, this nearly never happens! I don’t get it :frowning:

I know it has something to do with kmod-usb-hid. The error first appears when this package is installed. I’ve captured the boot process with and without driver, please see the attachments.

Any ideas?

boot errors.txt (12.7 KB)

boot ok.txt (12.2 KB)

The powered USB hub is needed, Yun has hardware bug.

sonnyyu: The powered USB hub is needed, Yun has hardware bug.

@Techniker, a more complete answer is here:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=335821.msg2322575#msg2322575

I quote Angelo9999:

The Arduino Yun has a diode in series with the 5V output so the output is actually 4.3V. There is another diode in series with the Vin pin so you have another diode voltage drop on slave boards. It is better to power the boards with an external power supply.

Thank you guys, the usb hub finally did it :slight_smile:
But I’m not sure if its just about the power: I already tried a Y-cable with separate power input, but that didn’t work.