[Solved] Pimoroni 11x7 LED matrix

Hi,

I've been trying to get the Pimoroni 11x7 LED matrix to work on my Arduino Mega (also tried it on a Teensy 4.1).

I've tried to follow the advice on: Pimoroni 5x5 RGB Matrix to modify the Adafruit IS31FL3731 library to inlcude a subclass for the 11x7 board.

However, I can't even get any LEDs to light up, let alone control it. I'm sure it's wired up correctly at least (it's only +5V, GRD, SCL, and SDA).

I'm clearly doing something wrong and am very much an amateur here. If anyone can offer some help, it would be greatly appreciated.

My modified Adafruit_IS31FL3731 library is here: GitHub - S1mWa1k/Adafruit_IS31FL3731_11_7

and this is my attempt to implement it to just turn on a single pixel.

#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
#include <Adafruit_IS31FL3731.h>
#include <Wire.h>

Adafruit_IS31FL3731_11x7 ledmatrix = Adafruit_IS31FL3731_11x7();

void setup() {

Wire.begin();
ledmatrix.begin();

}

void loop() {

ledmatrix.drawPixel(1,1,20);
}

This is the board: 11x7 LED Matrix Breakout

Hi,
something is wrong in your library:
In the product datasheet it says that the I2C addresses are
either 0x75 or 0x77. (cut trace).
I2C interface (address 0x75/0x77 (cut trace)),

but you are using

#define ISSI_ADDR_DEFAULT 0x74

Yep, that's fixed it. Figured it would be something so simple, and it shows my ignorance.

Thank you!

if your problem was solved, do a kindness to everyone on the forum.
Write [Solved] before your topic title, so if someone searches and finds your topic, they'll know what the solution looks like.

And if it was solved by some help, please tick tick Solution box, the one that best describes your solution.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.