[solved] Problem conecting es8266 e12 to arduino

Hello,

I have managed to connect my arduino mega to esp through passing rx and tx direct to my esp..However when i am trying to use a logic level converts it does not work and i cant figure out why.
What works:
arduino ---> dc-dc step down ---> esp
rx --> tx
tx -->rx
5v-->vin (dc-dc)3.3v-->vcc,chpd
ground-->ground-->ground,gpio15
when i try to use the logic level converter
arduion-->logic converter --> esp
5v--> hv
ground --> ground (both sides)
rx-->hv3-->lv3 -->tx
tx-->hv4--->lv5 --->rx
---lv--3.3v

Any help appreciated

do you know the serial baud rate for the ESP8266?
have you set your baud rate to match in your sketch?

show us your sketch

ninja2:
do you know the serial baud rate for the ESP8266?
have you set your baud rate to match in your sketch?

show us your sketch

115200 I believe is the baud rate. Because when I connect rx and tx directly to my esp I am able to communicate this way.

My sketch

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(115200);
  Serial2.begin(115200);
}

void loop()
{
  if(Serial2.available())
  {
    while(Serial2.available())
    {

char c = Serial2.read();
      Serial.write(c);
    }  
  }

if(Serial.available())
  {

delay(1000); 

String command="";

while(Serial.available()) 
    {
      command+=(char)Serial.read();
    }
    Serial2.println(command); 
  }
}

What logic level converter are you using? It may not be fast enough at that baud value.

I got it from eBay. I think this is the link 2Pcs 4 Channel IIC I2C Logic Level Converter Bi-Directional Module 5V~3.3V | eBay

Try a baud value of 9600 just to see if it has an effect. Since it's a four channel device, try the other two channels.

Arctic_Eddie:
Try a baud value of 9600 just to see if it has an effect. Since it's a four channel device, try the other two channels.

I tried the the other channels and no luck there.
With 9600 baud using the logic converter I got only once after many resets of the esp one garbage character.
Connecting it directly to the rx tx I got a lot of garbage characters.

There's always the chance that the converter is defective. You can probe the circuit board with a meter to be sure the two supply voltages are making it to the FETs. Your only other chance might be to watch the waveforms on a scope.

I will try with the second board that I have.. We such equipment in my university but I don't know how to use them.. Do you any links for tutorials?

A youtube.com search produced 62,900 hits at this link. Don't know what order they're in but the first page should help out. It depends a lot on what brand and model you're using but the fundamentals are the same. You're just viewing voltage(Y) as a function of time(X). You should see good square waves of variable length.

I found the problem. I haven't solder good enough some of the headers in the logic converter...after i redid the entire thing it worked. Thanks for the help

Glad you found the problem. That's usually one of the early things to check when trouble shows up with something you've assembled.

Be sure to edit your original post title and add the term [Solved].