[SOLVED]serial connector to power motors?

I am powering 4 DC motors, 7 gate valves (none draw over 2amps) and an LCD that will be mounted a few feet from the power supply & electronics (Arduino & drivers). I would like to integrate a single quick disconnect so that the power supply & electronics can be moved independently of the motors & valves. Currently the pairs of pos & neg wires for all 11 components are zip tied and soldered on both ends.

My current thought is to utilize a computer parallel connector so that only a single connection is needed. Since the components have such a low current draw this appears to be doable--assuming I can find one that is rated for 2a. There is no need for any communication, just trying to streamline a project.

Does this appear to be doable &/or are there better connectors I could use?

Thanks!

I would just start with a Google of QD (Quick Disconnect) Connectors and decide where you want to go from there as far as things like Bulkhead Connectors on your power or whatever scheme you have and just make sure the pins are rated for the current (load) you have. That's where I would start.

Ron

What is the stall current of the motors?

MarkT:
What is the stall current of the motors?

That I do not know. I'm not knowledgeable enough in this area (also do not have the means to measure it) and I'm mostly looking to clean up a messy project. That being said, the motors stall around a pwm of 115-120.

Ron_Blain:
I would just start with a Google of QD (Quick Disconnect) Connectors and decide where you want to go from there as far as things like Bulkhead Connectors on your power or whatever scheme you have and just make sure the pins are rated for the current (load) you have. That's where I would start.

Ron

Thanks! I knew conceptually it could work (permitted I find one that is rated for the current needed) but wasn't sure if it was something anyone has used before. Will keep heading down this path :slight_smile: