[SOLVED] Serial to parellel chip issue

i think it would be better to get some transmitter with PPM input capability , then generate a decently fast signal with an arduino , you can support a large number of channels and at a relatively high speed , i dont think you would require more than an 16mhz arduino for this

raschemmel: I could see how it might need to be fast for an aircraft but how fast does it need to be with a car ? Using a serial interface for a remote control device just seems awfully slow. I have an old school 72 Mhz transmitter but it works fine for any aircraft I fly. I can't imagine trying to use wifi for RC . The range probably sucks.

you mean the xbee is bad ?! well the range of mine is 1.5 miles :D so not at all a problem

amine2: i think it would be better to get some transmitter with PPM input capability , then generate a decently fast signal with an arduino , you can support a large number of channels and at a relatively high speed , i dont think you would require more than an 16mhz arduino for this

what do you mean PPM input capability and why you think xbee is bad ?

If that's the actual range you got with testing then it's good. PPM is the technical name for the digital protocol used by RC servos. Google it. "PPM input capability" means PPM inputs connector but I don't think it exists.

raschemmel: If that's the actual range you got with testing then it's good. PPM is the technical name for the digital protocol used by RC servos. Google it. "PPM input capability" means PPM inputs connector but I don't think it exists.

not by testing but by datasheet, the one i have is around 100$ for 1 xbee

yes i did google it one of the website shows this : http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-pixhawk-and-px4-compatible-rc-transmitter-and-receiver-systems/

Hmm...I'll have to read that.

type “PPM signal” in google .
type “rc control PPM” in google .
PPM input capability = means an RC controller with a trainer port . that supports an input of a PPM signal . then you just generate the signal with an arduino . or you can get one of those Frsky modules that have telemetry capabilities , you can command the rc machine and get feedback via serial (battery info , gps location …)

with an arduino , a USB host shield and a RC controller or something that supports a PPM signal and the correct code … you can control your RC machine with any usb input device you want , mouse , keyboard , playstation or XBOX controller …

amine2: type "PPM signal" in google . type "rc control PPM" in google . PPM input capability = means an RC controller with a trainer port . that supports an input of a PPM signal . then you just generate the signal with an arduino . or you can get one of those Frsky modules that have telemetry capabilities , you can command the rc machine and get feedback via serial (battery info , gps location ..)

with an arduino , a USB host shield and a RC controller or something that supports a PPM signal and the correct code .. you can control your RC machine with any usb input device you want , mouse , keyboard , playstation or XBOX controller ....

yes but i am trying to make a wireless connection and to get the feedback from the machine by wireless no usb cable

i did not mention a usb cable , that's all wireless , an Xbee cannot do you long rage for RC machines very well when you program it , RC controllers are best for that (my opinion)

amine2: i did not mention a usb cable , that's all wireless , an Xbee cannot do you long rage for RC machines very well when you program it , RC controllers are best for that (my opinion)

the thing is that i am making everything from scratch RPM display, speedometer, temperature and else so i need feedback in the easiest way because i am programming everything servos and else that's why i am using xbee, i don't have any experience with pro RC cars i never had a pro RC car

this is the xbee that i will be using the range is more than enough 2500m :D :

http://www.ekt2.com/products/productdetails?ProductId=a088da89-cb7e-4f17-82a1-694a3e71913c