(Solved) Unusual NRF24L01+ behaviour ...

i needed the NRF module for my project , and at the moment i still cannot get passed the testing phase :
i am using an arduino mega with an NRF24L01+ module connected to it
and an arduino uno with an other NRF module on it .
i am only using one pipe for transmission .

the projects requires 50 packets of 13bytes to be transmitted per second . the thing is what i got is quite different .
the write on the transmitter almost always times out and fails and rarely manages to transmit a sample . on th reciever end i get a sample per 2 seconds and it's not in continuous order , sometimes i get 2 samples per second sometimes 3 ... that's too slow and it indicates the presence of a problem .

i have been trying to solve this for 3 days , with no luck .

thank you .

sometimes i get no sample at all for about 10 seconds and then the reciever randomly receives one after then then holds for an other random amount of time

Is the power supply that is powering the NRF capable of reliably supplying 200 to 300 mA?

groundfungus:
Is the power supply that is powering the NRF capable of reliably supplying 200 to 300 mA?

thank you so much for your attention sir .
my 5v power supply provides 1A
3.3 regulator has a max of 800ma and so does the 5v regulator
the thing is after doing some random connection to see what works and what doesn't .
the addition of the blue wire indicated below .. even though it makes no sense makes the radio work at the needed speed . if i remove the blue wire the radio still works but at a random low speed .
i can't understand this sir .

In your image, the 5V reg is being powered by a 5V power supply ... it has nothing to regulate, its input voltage is too low, so the output will not reach 5V. That's why the blue wire (which bypasses the regulator) allows everything to work from the "5V power supply".

Check here for information on using the mega with an NRF24L01+ module.

dlloyd:
In your image, the 5V reg is being powered by a 5V power supply ... it has nothing to regulate, its input voltage is too low, so the output will not reach 5V. That's why the blue wire (which bypasses the regulator) allows everything to work from the "5V power supply".

even when i replace the 5v regulator with a 9v battery .. it remains slow .
sometimes i lightly touch the wires and it becomes fast for no reason , or i touch the oscillator and it becomes fast again then it goes slow after getting my finger off of it ...

these things are really unusual .. they don't teach us about these unusual events in electronics .

dlloyd:

thank you , that was actually the problem

"WHAT" was the actual problem?

Trying to power a +5v regulator with a +5 SOURCE?
Switching to a +9v battery? (possibly not enough current?)
Or something with the MEGA set-up?