[SOLVED]URTOUCH and SSD1963 480x272 4.3zoll on DUE

[SOLVED] The solution was equal to https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=315539.0 but the Orientation has to be specified in the top of the calibration sketch

Hi there,
I have a 4.3 480x272 touch display:
https://eckstein-shop.de/43-480x272-TFT-LCD-Display-mit-Touchscreen-SSD1963-Arduino-Kompatibel-
I am using the Libary URTOUCH and UTFT from Rinky Dink with the setup

UTFT myGLCD(SSD1963_480,38,39,40,41);

The TFT works fine but I have a problem with the URTOUCH. The problem is similar to this topic

Without a calibration and myTouch.InitTouch(PORTRAIT); in the QuickDraw sketch, up and down works but left and right is switched. Also I can only use half of the display.
No setup (LANDSSCAPE/PORTRAIT) in ether myTouch.InitTouch or GLCD.init works correct.
The calibration works great but when I save the x,y and s cal, the quickdraw only draws around the perimeter of the display.

I cannot check the calibration because the SSD1963_480 is not listed.
I also tried to use the solution of the above topic but putting the LANDSCAPE option in the calibration didn’t help eather.

What surprises me is that the calibration works and detectes touches all over the display but with the calibration data saved it doesn’t work at all.[

Your screen must use an "Adapter Shield" to plug into the MEGA2560.

Run the URTouch calibration program. It should work with any UTFT screen.

Write down the values. Post them in your message.

David.

Edit. Oops. I misread your posts. i.e. ignored the title
You are using a Due which has 3.3V GPIO. No level shifters are required. You can connect with simple wires.

Hello David, thank you for your answer.
Why does it need a shield? The Screen has all of the regulators 5/3.3V on board.
Also the screen works without any issues as plain TFT and the calibration sketch works as well.

I will post the calibration data tonight.
Andreas

chili023:
Why does it need a shield? The Screen has all of the regulators 5/3.3V on board.

Your link has a photo of a 40-pin display.
Yes, there is a regulator (U3)
No, I do not see 30 level-shifter channels.

An Adapter shield will receive your 40-pin. Provide the ~ 30 level shifters. Plug into the 36-pin Arduino header, Power header, D0-D7 header.

Adapter shields are cheap. They are a lot easier than hand wiring all those level shifters. All the connections will be 100% correct and reliable.

David.

Edit. Oops. I misread your posts. i.e. ignored the title
You are using a Due which has 3.3V GPIO. No level shifters are required. You can connect with simple wires.

OK. sure. but this will not solve my problem.
TFT works great
URTOUCH calib works as well.
So it is not a wiring issue. Also the screen description states there is no shield needed.

Look at “Table 10-1: Maximum Ratings (Voltage Referenced to VSS)” in the SSD1963 datasheet.
Look at “Table 11-1: Recommended Operating Condition”

Your screen was not cheap. I suggest that you obey the datasheet.

Ebay Shops lie through their teeth.
You appear to have bought from a local shop. I suggest that you Email the shop and ask for their advice.

Yes, it is not uncommon for chips to “survive” out of spec voltages. But the stress is going to reduce the working life (and reliability).

Why did they invent “40-pin Adapter Shields” with level shifters if they are not necessary.
Some adapters use 10k series resistors. Others use integrated circuits.

David.

Edit. Oops. I misread your posts. i.e. ignored the title and assumed MEGA2560

Your programs should all run ok.
It is still wise to post the Calibration Results.
Just to check that they are sensible values.

Hello David
the calibration with PORTRAIT is
01FA07F4UL
01F5C7E3UL
0010F1DFUL

with LANDSCAPE
03F4402AUL
03A7C125UL
801DF10FUL

Dear David I am so sorry for wasting your time. It all works like a charm now.

The problem was I was trying out LANDSSCAPE and PORTRAIT in the calibration sketch at the wrong location.

I was not changing
#define TOUCH_ORIENTATION PORTRAIT/LANDSCAPE
I was changing
myTouch.InitTouch(); with myTouch.InitTouch(Landsscape); and myTouch.InitTouch(Portrait);
in the calibration sketch.
It all works now with the Landscape calibration data.

I am really sorry for this stupid mistake. My deepest appologies. You made a great libary.

My apologies for assuming you were using a Mega2560.

UTFT and URTouch are written by Henning Karlsen from RinkyDink

Glad that you have got things working.

David.