solved: USB to serial converter on Nano board defect

hi,

I bought three Nano boards from internet, very cheap, but not usable with IDE. The boards came with the blink sketch already programmed. Therefore I believed they are all ok. But I cannot upload any sketch. After some minutes there is a timeout. I could reload the bootloader via the ICSP pins, i.e. the controller seems to be ok. The Nano board contains no second ICSP for the USB to serial converter.

Has somebody experience with such a problem?

With an ICSP programmer the boards could be usable. I'd like to write my sketches with the IDE. What type of programmers do you recommend? Are there programmers supporting debugging?

SupArdu

Can you post a picture? Can you read the part number on the chip next to the USB connector?
Does the board have a USB connector on it? You can install a bootloader, but the USB interface is not working?
You may just need a PC driver for a different USB/Serial adapter chip - likely a CH430 driver.

“The Nano board contains no second ICSP for the USB to serial converter.” Having that would be unusual.
What kind of Programmer are you using to install the bootloader?
Debugging is usually done via the Serial port to the USB interface.

Attached there are two pictures, front and back side. The quality is poor but the best I can do for such small objects.
As can be seen there is a USB connector on the board.
The numbers on the chip are: CH340G 202685421 (difficult to read), the company logo looks like WCH.

Installation of the bootloader was performed with “Arduino as ISP”.

Just changing the driver would be a fine solution if the suitable driver is available.
Can you advice me what USB driver is necessary?

SupArdu: The numbers on the chip are: CH340G 202685421 (difficult to read), the company logo looks like WCH. ... Can you advice me what USB driver is necessary?

http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_EXE.html

hi,

thanks to all your tips.
I am happy that I got Nanos I can really use now :slight_smile:

SupArdu