Solved [Win10] Plugin not working

Hi to all; plugin not work on my PC with Windows 10.

Hi Omoragnolo,
we currently have a known metadata issue on Win10, Mega board not recognised on Windows IDE · Issue #28 · arduino/arduino-create-agent · GitHub but we cannot reproduce the issue you are reporting.

What browser are you using? Just Chrome and Firefox are currently supported.

Would you give us some log from the Console? Please right click on the page, select Inspect Element and then go on the Console tab. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

The plugin doesn't work on my computer thats is running Windows 10. I tried it on Chrome and firefox.

What is your suggestion for this problem?

Thanks

guys i dont knoa but the arduino create didnt work on the microsoft edge for but it worked other browsers

We are investigating the issue with Win10, since we are currently not able to reproduce it on our PC with Win10 any additional log is really appreciated!

Just an idea... I've just installed the plugin on windows 10. When it runs the first time the firewall pops up asking where it can connect to. The default option is "the internet" but there is a second checkbox for "local networks"
I guess this needs to be checked for the browser to be able to talk to it.

It appears to be working like a charm here!

Hello,

I'm Horia from Romania congrats for this awesome idea but the following problems occurred to me:

1)On Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge "No Plugin Connection. Uploading is disabled until you reconnect. " even if I've installed the plugin multiple times now and the Arduino agent icon on the task-bar is blue. Tried to Pause agent and Open again and still no success.
(On Mozilla Firefox plugin works on same computer!)

2)This is more misspelling issue not a problem a On the sketch page and on the sketch folder the common used "readme.doc" file is written misspelled "readme.adoc"

System: ASUS F3Sg (Intel Core2Duo 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce9300M)
System OS: Windows 10 Pro built 10586.29
Browsers: Mozilla firefox 43.0.2 (tested and plugin works)
Google chrome Version 47.0.2526.80 (tested and plugin fails to connect)
Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0 (tested and plugin fails to connect)

roboticage:
1)On Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge "No Plugin Connection. Uploading is disabled until you reconnect. " even if I've installed the plugin multiple times now and the Arduino agent icon on the task-bar is blue. Tried to Pause agent and Open again and still no success.
(On Mozilla Firefox plugin works on same computer!)
Browsers: Mozilla firefox 43.0.2 (tested and plugin works)

It works meaning the error doesn't appear anymore and the board connected is recognized by the plugin and shown on the web editor but:

3)When I try to upload the sketch to board (Arduino Mega) I got the busy button circling unstoppable and the sketch it's not uploaded. Also on the Output pannel the following message appears:

"Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS:
Loading configuration...
Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display ":115".
Initializing packages...
Preparing boards..."

P.S. this forum's settings that gives me the: "You have exceeded the number of posts you can make in a 5 minutes period. Please try again later." is a little annoying :frowning: I can't even edit my post because I have to wait another 5 minutes??

roboticage:
2)This is more misspelling issue not a problem a On the sketch page and on the sketch folder the common used "readme.doc" file is written misspelled "readme.adoc"

Hi .adoc is intentional, it means Asciidoc which is sort of like markdown but more powerful.

I'm sorry about the forum throttling but we have a lot of issues with spam and we have to limit posts made by newcomers (without it it's a nightmare)

welcome to create!

m

Hi

Thanks for the reply I'm not a programmer and I din't knew that, my mistake but in the other hand I'm overwhelmed that Massimo Banzi himself replied to my post and I want to tell you that I'm a big fan, you inspired me to do a lot of things I would never thought I'll do before I found Arduino!

Horia

Hi, i'm a high school student trying to use the online web editor for a school project and I am experiencing the same issue as the above users are having. I have downloaded several times and still I have gotten the "No Plugin Connection. Uploading is disabled until you reconnect." message. I am on a very strict time limit and I would hope I can get an answer to this as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Hi @Borden_55

Can you please tell us what you get when clicking on the "open debug console" button when you right click the plugin icon in the Windows tray area?

Thank you

im having the same problems, on a macbook pro, Lion 10.7.5 1.8.1, with a new mega2560
Firefox seems to not download the plugin properly

when i click open debug cosole i get ~~~ http://localhost:8991/ in the address window and a blank screen beneath ... it says Serial Port Example in the window tab

i got the on;ine editor to work on Safari earlier, but now it gives same problem again ~ "No Plugin Connection. Uploading is disabled until you reconnect. "

@ dudedanann

Whilst not mac specific there may be some useful info HERE

Most people have issues with the certificate being installed on one browser when it should really be installed for EACH different browser..

What you are seeing in the debug console is mentioned in that thread.
However there are more about Firefox if you take a look around.

I've tried the arduino online editor on my wife's computer and its working fine,
so likely its that my old laptop is too beaten up n needs renewing .... for the moment i'm simply happy that its not the arduino nor my dumbness :slight_smile:

Attempt to download plugin for Arduino web editor fails.
ArduinoCreateAgent-1.1-windows-installer.exe downloaded, OK.
OS permission given, OK.
Legal agreement, OK.
Ready to install message, OK.
But, get a
"error copying file from packed archive" message.

That sounds like an over aggressive antivirus / anti malware program.

Or it could be that it was downloaded to a location that was not allowed for the user profile.

You could try to save it to your desktop and try turning off your security for the install.
Are you a secondary user of that computer ?
Do you have admin privileges ?

Also Trying to install this plugin in windows 10:
-Downloading plugin via chrome browser,
-Install

• Message as follow: "There has been an error. Error trying to install file: destination$(windows_folder_startup) resolved to empty value. The application will exit now"
  • Installation has Stop

arievsw

Did you install as “Administrator” and maybe turn off your security for the install as some antivirus etc can block the install.

Dont forget to say YES to the certificate and the drivers or else you may find it does not work.

Also copy and paste full error messages as they can be critical in finding out what went wrong. Wheb you do post error logs etc please use the code tags ( </> )