Some dude named avr won't let me upload

I have checked driver
And when I plug USB into arduino and computer
It comes on
I have been able to upload
Codes to the board before with this computer this board this USB cable
Pretty much everything
I need help :o

When that dude won't let you, the error messages point you to where to get help. Here isn't anywhere near first on the list. By the time you work down to "complain on the forum, in the proper place", you'll know the questions that you need to provide answers to.

It’s says

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9of10
avrdude: stk500_recv() : programmer I’d not responding
avrdude: stk500_() attempt 10of10 resp=0x58

Do you have the right serial port selected? It sounds like you probably don't.

I think I do
Is there something else that could be the matter w it?
From what u know?

That means that either your computer is not connected to the Arduino correctly, or that the bootloader is messed up.

With a few of the clone boards I use, I encounter this issue from time to time, and I know I have not messed with the bootloader. (On the one board - a littleBits Arduino module - that I have messed up the bootloader, I now an program it only through the ICSP connector.) If the problem is the former, the board is not corrected, I turn off the arduino, restart the computer, restart the Arduino, and finally restart the IDE. 9 times out of 10, that fixes it.

A sincere prayer to the correct god fixes the tenth case.

I have trouble if the computer needs to go through too many USB hubs to get the the board. Connecting directly to the USB on my machine often is the fix.

LM317:
I think I do
Is there something else that could be the matter w it?

Before worrying about something else you need to change "think" to "know".

The wrong serial port is by far the most likely problem.

Another possibility is that you have not selected the correct Arduino board.

...R

Your thread title is remarkably similar to this: Some dude named avr won't let me upload my program

My board is Correct it says Arduino Uno/Gemma
Do you think the program could be the problem?
What does avr dude even mean?
I will check the comports but I didn't think that is what it is but we need to eliminate what qe know from what we don't....
My arduino does come on when I plug it in to the computer -Arduino uno
So that means the bootloader should work???

Haha that is weird that we have almost the same avr dude thing
But I ain't that guy lol
Plz help!??

avrdude is software that allows communication between your PC and your arduino. I could take him out for you, for a fee.

it is saying that it cannot communicate with you board. Reasons:

Drivers not installed
Wrong port selected
wrong board select
bad usb cable
conflicting port
blown use port fuse/bad use port
mangled software

You are supposed to start here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting

I did that didn't work

LM317:
I will check the comports but I didn't think that is what it is but we need to eliminate what qe know from what we don't....

In view of the earlier replies you should have checked that BEFORE you posted Reply #9.

And "that didn't work" does not provide any useful information that we can use to help you.

...R

Qdeathstar:
avrdude is software that allows communication between your PC and your arduino. I could take him out for you, for a fee.

it is saying that it cannot communicate with you board. Reasons:

Drivers not installed
Wrong port selected
wrong board select
bad usb cable
conflicting port
blown use port fuse/bad use port
mangled software

The USB powers board
What is conflict port?
Mangled software?

LM317:
What does avr dude even mean?

The very first hit I got on Googling "avrdude" was a post with this in the title:

AVRDUDE - AVR Downloader/UploaDEr

LM317:
My board is Correct it says Arduino Uno/Gemma

I don't have a menu item for "Arduino Uno/Gemma". What version of the IDE are you using? Which Arduino do you have? Is it genuine or a cheap clone from eBay? Which operating system are you using on your PC/Mac?

These are things you should have told us in your first post. Just saying something "doesn't work" tells us nothing.

LM317:
The USB powers board
What is conflict port?
Mangled software?

USB can provide power while data is not correctly transmitted. Some cables only provide power wires, and are not intended for data transfer (cables sold with chargers are often like that.)

A conflicting port is one which is in use by other software and does not allow your Arduino to connect. (A conflict port is a naval port in time of war.)

Mangled software means that your software has become corrupted - changed by accident, say if the power was interrupted during a write.

Any of these could be the problem. Does shutting everything down, then restarting each part fix the problem? Can you use your USB cable to transfer other data (say to a printer, or thumb drive?)

I suspect the OP is misreading “Arduino/Genuino Uno”. Just plain “Arduino Gemma” is another option.

To the OP: The specific words used are important.

Its is not the comports

Hello?