Some General questions for LCD

I have some questions. would you please answer:
1.what is the differences between TFT LCD and UTFT in wiring and configuration?
2.can we setting a 16 bit LCD up just by 8 bit data?
3.what does D/C stand for in some LCD modules? does it have equivalents in other modules?
4.what does a shield do between LCD and modules? for LCDs just with flats, can we use sheild?how?
5.How is configuration for the below LCD and module with 2560?

Thank you all

hamedth7:
I have some questions. would you please answer:
1.what is the differences between TFT LCD and UTFT in wiring and configuration?

Adafruit_TFTLCD expects an 8-bit data bus. UTFT can use 8-bit, 16-bit, SPI, ...
Adafruit identifies the correct controller. Most displays name the pins. So you know how to wire them. Adafruit has different libraries for different chips. Which it does very well.

UTFT has no concept of reading the ID. You just have to guess. UTFT supports several different displays. It is "Universal" but suffers from slow speed.

2.can we setting a 16 bit LCD up just by 8 bit data?

Unlikely. Unless you have access to the IM#

But look in your manual for J4, J5. These jumpers might configure IM# for 8/16.

3.what does D/C stand for in some LCD modules? does it have equivalents in other modules?

It stands for Data/Command. It is sometimes called RS (Register Select).

4.what does a shield do between LCD and modules? for LCDs just with flats, can we use sheild?how?

A Shield joins the correct signals to the correct pins. Most importantly, it converts the Mega2560's 5V logic to 3.3V logic levels.

5.How is configuration for the below LCD and module with 2560?

I have no idea. Why not ask the shop or website that you bought it from. LCD modules often have a 20x2 male header and sometimes a 16x2 male header. ColdTears (CTE) make an Adapter shield for 20x2 and 16x2. Other companies make shields for 20x2.

David.