Sorry SurferTim, you are banned from using this forum!

Sorry SurferTim, you are banned from using this forum!

I'm tired of this. This is the second time this has happened using Chrome. I had to switch web browsers to IE to post this. I also get this message when I am not logged in.

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

I cleared the browser history and cookies, and I can use the forum again. It is just a pain in the backside to lose all my cookie settings.

edit: It just happened again! But this time, I had to do the same with IE because I got this message with it:

Error 403 We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /index.php on this server.

An invalid request was received from your browser. This may be caused by a malfunctioning proxy server or browser privacy software.

Your technical support key is: 3d4e-4572-1756-6707

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact example at example.com and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

I've reported this to the grown-ups.

I can't really apologise, because this stuff is beyond my powers.

403's better than a 418

AWOL: I've reported this to the grown-ups.

The grown-ups should be reading and responding to this part of the forum themselves and not hiding behind go-betweens.

Perhaps you would be good enough to pass this on as well.

...R

I got banned a couple of days ago with no warning. Then the ban went away and I had the below message in my in box. I was totally shocked that somebody thinks this forum has a webmaster! 8)

Nick Gammon Global Moderator

Your signature exceeds forum posting guidelines, so I am banning you.

Complain to the webmaster. (Please do, I am making a point here).

I was totally shocked that somebody thinks this forum has a webmaster!

It does, and there is a separate forum where the moderators are expressing some level of dissatisfaction with the way the forum is being managed. Needless to say, the webmaster has some things to say.

Nick was pushed to his limit, understandably, and took some actions that should not have been needed had the webmaster been less stubborn.

Unfortunately, that affected you in a negative way. Welcome back.

PaulS:

I was totally shocked that somebody thinks this forum has a webmaster!

It does, and there is a separate forum where the moderators are expressing some level of dissatisfaction with the way the forum is being managed.

Can you provide a link to that forum so we can all join in.

It could hardly be less useful than this section of this forum.

...R

Sorry, invitation only

It could hardly be less useful than this section of this forum.

Oh, it works. :D

AWOL:

Sorry, invitation only

Don't feel left out. Only some moderators are invited Best regards Jantje

Human beings (in common with many other animal species) seem to find great comfort in organizing themselves into "us" and "them" groups.

I suppose I should be thankful that the factions within the Arduino community don't resort to violence.

However I had hoped that it might consider itself a single community without factions.

...R

If we let everyone in, how would we talk about them behind their backs? ]:D

I still get Error 403 now and then when trying to get to this forum, like this morning. It is annoying. The only way I can get into the forum is to go to the reference or playground and login there.

I guess it is better than being banned tho. :roll_eyes:

SurferTim: I still get Error 403 now and then when trying to get to this forum, like this morning. It is annoying. The only way I can get into the forum is to go to the reference or playground and login there.

I guess it is better than being banned tho. :roll_eyes:

Maybe your computer is hacked and your ip is blocked because the hacker sends to much spam to this forum from your computer...... .... hum given the response times for block requests it doesn't seem likely ]:D Best regards Jantje

Thanks Jantje, but that isn't it. If I am being blocked for spam, I wouldn't be able to login anywhere.

Maybe my Chrome web browser is the cause, but the forum software shouldn't be that sensitive. I had to log in to the reference site again to post this. Got the Error 403 again. A real pain in the backside.

There's just been another forum software update - maybe that's the cause. Try contacting the webmaster.

AWOL: There's just been another forum software update - maybe that's the cause. Try contacting the webmaster.

Did you forget the smileys ?

...R

OK. I sent the Error 403 report to the webmaster.

I hope you're not holding your breath ]:D

Jantje: I hope you're not holding your breath ]:D

Did not have to hold it long. I just got a response from the webmaster accusing me of spamming the forum from my IP address. This is my personal computer with its own public ip. Nobody else has access to the internet through this IP. This computer is protected with Norton Antivirus and checked regularly. I have NEVER spammed this forum.

Besides, in a few minutes, I can sign in again from the same IP. I think it is faulty forum software causing this problem, not my computer or spam. Now I am being insulted too? :(

SurferTim:

Jantje: I hope you're not holding your breath ]:D

Did not have to hold it long. I just got a response from the webmaster accusing me of spamming the forum from my IP address. This is my personal computer with its own public ip. Nobody else has access to the internet through this IP. This computer is protected with Norton Antivirus and checked regularly. I have NEVER spammed this forum.

Besides, in a few minutes, I can sign in again from the same IP. I think it is faulty forum software causing this problem, not my computer or spam. Now I am being insulted too? :(

Not sure how serious you are but... I'm a well trained it'er working for a company that takes security very seriously. So I take all possible precautions I know of and the ones I am instructed to do and my company even checks that I follow the instructions. Does this mean my pc is not hacked? Well as it is extremely hard to verify whether a system has been hacked or not I do not dare to say :"My system has not been hacked". but I do hope it isn't.

The only thing that is needed to infect a system is a small "sender" on your system that calls daddy hacker to say your system is hacked. As the hacker responds on the request send from your computer the firewall will not stop this communication.

I followed trainings where coding techniques have been explained that are so simple and scary you don't talk about it in public. So yes it is possible to make a (for PC norms) small self changing virus (code and name) that makes a system a slave for a master that can go unnoticed for years. Main production country is a country that came alive after world world 2 and is quite regularly in the news. In short :"anti virus software only finds the software it knows of, can find and wants to find"

As a hacker there are 3 things you can do with a hacked system. 1) Use it for direct profit. FI install blocker and ask money to unblock. 2) Use it for indirect profit: FI Get paid to post spam on a forum. 3) Don't use it. For instance: Put it in wait until you decide what to do. In the first case you have to make yourself visible and anti virussoftware will catch up and probably find a way to delete it. In the second case the software may run for years unseen.

Sorry for the bad news Jantje