SOS about xbee module

Hello to all

I want some help, i'm working on a project which consists on getting data from two distingueshed places, actually i want to get temperature-humidity measurments wirelessly from two rooms located in different floors, so to do that, i want to place an xbee module in the first room (i learned from internet that there is some xbee modules work without microcontroller) and connect it with the sensor through analog pins, in the other room, there will be another xbee module (connected with humidity sensor) plugged in arduino uno which can used to send data through a GSM Shield.

I don't know which xbee module i will pick up, i want an long range xbee module that can work without microcontroller and has analog pins allowing it to be connected to sensors.

any help would be greatly appreciated :wink:

i learned from internet that there is some xbee modules work without microcontroller

Any of them can. They contain a microcontroller.

i want an long range xbee module

Is 3 inches long enough? "long range" doesn't mean squat. "300 meters" means something.

PaulS:

i learned from internet that there is some xbee modules work without microcontroller

Any of them can. They contain a microcontroller.

The point is i want making a script to interrogate arduino with the xbee module (i.e arduino request data and xbee respond )
i don't know if that is possible without an external microcontroller connected to the xbee module !!