Sound Detector. Newbie question. sheep.

Hi. This probably sounds daft but I said I would give it a go.

I live on a farm and have sheep coming into lamb soon. I cant get any internet on my farm but I can pickup gsm. I've got a sound detector from spark fun.

When a sheep is going into lamb it makes a distinct noise most times. what i'm looking to find out is what would be the best way to try and analysis this distinct noise they make. I need a way of logging and distinguishing this noise so i can send a text to my phone.

Any Ideas are more than welcome. https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/sound-detector-hookup-guide

Recognizing distinct, complex sounds is very difficult to do with any computer and out of the question with an Arduino, because it has so little memory.

It might be possible to use trainable speech recognition software on a smart phone, training it to recognize the lambing sounds. Of course, for this to work you have to record those sounds several times with different sheep, and then once it is working, leave the phone running all the time, near the sheep.

OK, thanks for the reply.

If the lambing sound is louder than the usual sounds in the barn you might be able to have a sound sensor and sketch that is only triggered by that louder sound. My aunt places the mother sheep that's about to give birth into a small pen away from the other sheep so it is a calmer, quieter, and safer environment for the lambing process.