Project: Suitcase Boombox
something similar to:
I have this project I'd like to start working on but I will definitly need some guidance.
Im starting this topic so I can, at least, get my circuit done correctly. Since my experience is rather small with electronics I'm open to suggestions
This is what I have in mind so far.
Inside the suitecase I'll have
- a power supply module, transformer (220v to 12v)). Possibly 220v to 15v for battery charge purposes
- battery charger for the 2x 12v SLA Batteries (12v 7.2Ah) - I was thinking on a simple voltage comparator and a relay to disconnect the batteries from the 12v supply whenever it reacher 13.8V
- batteries would be connected in parallel so it would be 12v 14.4Ah +/-
- 4 LM386 amplifiers (one for each speaker driver) - use LM386 Bass Boost for the Bass Speakers
- 2 Low pass filters (for the Bass Speakers) and 2 High pass filters for the tweeters
- 2 Tweeters / 2 Bass Speakers
- Some LED's for ON/Off status, and Battery charging (or not) status.
I have 2 Tweeters and 2 Bass Speakers salvaged from a Sony HiFi. Not sure the specifications but im guessing they are 8 Ohm impedance.
start the schematics on fritzing.