Sound sensor

Goodmorning everyone, I'm doing a project "basic" to turn on a lamp (light) with a hands clap ...

the problems that arose are 2: 1. software 2. hardware ..

we start with software ... ..I can say how I can write a simple control toggle that keeps me energized the relay (and the lamp) after the clapping and after I turn off the lamp to another clap .. I can not figure out how to write a little program .. thanks

1. the SSR (3- 32 VDC input -output 220 v) does not excite when I raise the output of Arduino .... there should be about 5V to the pinout of Arduino ?? the relay works because if you get excited with 9V battery energizes and turns on the lamp ..

I thank you in advance for vs. HELP! "!

bye massi

we start with software ...

You should always start with the hardware.

1. the SSR (3- 32 VDC input -output 220 v) does not excite when I raise the output of Arduino .... there should be about 5V to the pinout of Arduino ?? the relay works because if you get excited with 9V battery energizes and turns on the lamp ..

It sounds like you have not got the ground of the arduino connected to the ground of the SSR OR you have failed to set the pin you are using to be an output in the setup function.

.I can say how I can write a simple control toggle that keeps me energized the relay

Look at the StateChangeDetection in the 02. Digital menu in the Arduino's IDE.

Thanks a lot!!

I solved the problem... the SSR is broken ... not it's better saying that it works above 5.2 V .. so for my arduino it's a problem...

I will buy a new SSR !

bye

have a nice day

There are several types of sound sensors (microphones) like dynamic microphone, condenser microphone, ribbon microphone, carbon microphone etc. Our microphone is dynamic and uses induction coil positioned in the magnetic field of a permanent magnet attached to the diaphragm. When you make a sound, the diaphragm vibrates and thus the attached coil moves in the magnetic field, producing current. The sound sensor is able to measure noise levels in decibels (dB) at frequencies around 3-6kHz where the human ear is most sensitive. There are android applications for your smart phone for measuring sound level, like decibel meter.